TKS Supply shipping materials.

ctaylor3737

I shipped out 3 lbs express package for 34.xx on USPS website. if only 2 lbs, it's under $30.

If you pre-print the label at their website, you can get discount. it saves me $10 compare to regular price.

Thank you James, I think that helps clarify it for me. What do you select on the usps website to ship a 7x7x6 box? Do you select Small Flat Rate or what?

Thank you James, I think that helps clarify it for me. What do you select on the usps website to ship a 7x7x6 box? Do you select Small Flat Rate or what?

I select ship by weight. and input the guessed weight.

If your estimated weight is lower than actual weight, you pay extra when shipping.

Look up digital postage scale.  I got one ubber cheap on ebay a while back.

I was actually looking at a few. Not as expensive as I thought. I may just go with the 5lb USPS one on their site.

I was actually looking at a few. Not as expensive as I thought. I may just go with the 5lb USPS one on their site.

I b o ought mine from Wal-Mart was 12$ had it a few years now l lol.

I b o ought mine from Wal-Mart was 12$ had it a few years now l lol.

Chris do they still make the brand model you have?

^-^ I use a gram scale I picked up in the cooking section for about that much. It's only accurate down to 2 g, but I don't think the post office needs that much accuracy. Also works great for weighing larger fish.

I also use/used the styro liners from aqpkg.com, but have found if you are willing to cut them yourself you can get a big sheet of the same thickness @ homedepot.

really depends on what your time is worth to you.

You can do that but I dont beleive I should make anything on shipping. Its in my fee and if the actual shipping charge is less I will refund the difference, so I charge for what it costs to have the package. For me it doesnt save me enough to even do it, and for the extra security it provides ill pay the dollar or two difference.

For those of you that have a consistent customer base that orders from you. What % of customers purchase shrimp via express USPS versus priority USPS?

I just ordered my styro liners and breather bags, but forgot to order my liners for express boxes lol.

Just a heads up that on some places you may sell, express is another name for priority.

I've never had any customer order overnight, however I deal mainly with very hardy and inexpensive shrimp. 

I have ordered overnight myself in expensive orders or hard to find living things.  I believe if you are paying for expensive shrimp, it just makes sense to have it overnight.  For the cost of one shrimp, your shipment is guaranteed.  (Most sellers who do priority do not guaranteed live delivery.  Too many environmental factors out of their control.  It's just the way the game works.)

Thanks Soothing. I think I may just stick with Priority now until I start selling higher end shrimp. Just want to have the option available.

• 2 weeks later...

Should you double bag Kordon Breather Bags? Does it matter?

No don't double bag them, they will not breathe properly. Also the same do not float a breather bag as it can collapse and suffocate the live stock.

I don't know if I recall having any customer pay for Express Shipping unless I forced them to (Sulawesi Shrimp).  I do guarantee live arrival even on priority though so that is probably a big reason people don't pony up more :)

As Soothing said you can doublebag the Kordon but I never have.  I think I have only had 1 or two bags ever that leaked on me and I may have been using shredded paper on those shipments so a stray staple piece could have been to blame.

Rubber Band or Just tie a knot? What do you prefer everyone?

tie a knot first then fold the end and put the rubber band.

• 2 years later...
On 7/22/2014 at 1:40 PM, ctaylor3737 said:

Mine average 6-7 depending on the location. I pack mine all the same so they stay generally the same. They are the best ones I found with shipping. I looked at a lot of sites.

old thread, but great info here.

has your shipping costs increased much?  I see alot of people offering priority for ~$12 now a days.  I am assuming it is the same size box 7x7x6 that you mentioned.  Are you keeping the weight under a pound?

old thread, but great info here.

has your shipping costs increased much?  I see alot of people offering priority for ~$12 now a days.  I am assuming it is the same size box 7x7x6 that you mentioned.  Are you keeping the weight under a pound?

Thanks I beleive it's still accurate. My costs are still the same. I don't charge for costs that I assume to be apart of shipping them. Ex gas etc. That's a given and part of my cost which is in the price of the goods.

I still use the shipping boxes as they are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk