WTB Mulberry Leaves

Dnguyen818

2 hours ago, sparky4056 said:

If no one replies here, theshrimptank.com and tannin aquatics both carry them.

yea, i know shrimp websites usually carry them but I've seen the members on here sell alot more and at a way better price. I guess i just have to wait til spring/fall when members mulberry tree starts growing. =)

1 hour ago, wyzazz said:

I won't have Mulberry Leaves until spring hits.  Then I'll be overrun with them.  

buy more than you need when @wyzazz has some as alot of us shrimpers use these leaves and they tend to disappear.  some dont have access to them, or dont have access to non-polluted mulberry trees.

they mulberry dust that he sells is great and could hold you over till you can find some leaves.

2 hours ago, wyzazz said:

I won't have Mulberry Leaves until spring hits.  Then I'll be overrun with them.  

Is there anything special you do with the leaves like boil or sun dry? I ask because we have several mulberry trees on our property and have read that people feed these to shrimps. The leaves are just now starting to appear here. I know the squirrels always go nuts for the mulberries when they start to ripen. I also have a huge pear tree too and it's full of leaves now. Are these leaves beneficial as well? All trees have never seen pesticides and are 100% organic.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a specific type of mulberry tree to get?  I found a dwarf everberring tree that stays under 6 feet.  They advertise it as being good for container gardening.  Was thinking I could move it inside during the winter.  Lastly how much can u take before it hurts the tree?  

https://www.gardensalive.com/product/dwarf-everbearing-mulberry

The type of tree doesn't matter much.  I pull a few as I need them throughout the year, then I pull all of them in the fall to dry and use.  I'd say that safely, you might be able to pull 20% of the leaves during the growing season without harming the tree.  

• 2 weeks later...