My Shrimp and Bumblebee Goby tank

NickAus

• 3 weeks later...

Its not brackish, Bumble Bees are fine in fresh water and  these were bred in fresh water.

Did you know Bumblebee Gobys also live in peat swamps with highly-stained, tea-coloured water, very low acidity, minimal conductivity, and negligible hardness?

I was thinking the 20l with 4"-6" of water, sand, and piles of half flowerpots with lazy gobies laying on them.  

IMO 20 l is too small for Gobys, There are plastic tubes ( shrimp tubes ) instead of pots hidden in the plants.

Not what I was expecting.  

I get that a lot with my tanks.

This is my 100 gallon 6 foot long 2 foot tall Betta sorority tank , It has 5 betta females, 1 Bn pleco about 300 Red Cherry Shrimp, 3 Mystery snails and a bunch of assorted colour Rams horn snails in it.

GPEWjJO.jpg

Interesting on the bumblebee gobies. I was always told they like brackish. 

I know in my teen years I had some other sort of goby ~4" long. Didn't seem to do anything at all but the feeder guppies kept vanishing. Then I looked into the tank once at night and found they are very active at night. I like their lazy attitude.

I ran a male and female betta 60gal for a while until an infection nuked it. 2 big HOBs to keep it clean.

I have Endlers just so I can feed the Gobys new born fry. I also hatch brine shrimp and let them grow for a week or so before feeding.

I also feed them uncooked ocean prawns ( shrimp) and tiny bits of fish.

I love Bettas, here's one of my boys.

xUjl973.jpg