KH / GH and relation to TDS

It was my understanding that GH + KH + trace elements = TDS.  But my PFR tank is GH 10 (179), KH 5 (89), TDS 215.  Is this possible or is my TDS pen not doing it's job correctly?

I use the API GH/KH test kit.

TDS measures any particles within the water, whether they are minerals, nutrients etc. I am not sure about the exact math, but the pens probably doing its job right plus or minus a few digits especially if its new, but that is my experience. If you want to buy a new one to be 100% sure, thats always an option as well. There are a few youtube videos explaining TDS and its pros and cons and within the shrimp hobby, but as long as your PFR tank is doing fine it shouldn't be too much of an issue using it as an indicator for hardness. 

I would probably trust the TDS pen over the liquid drop tests. TDS pens rarely need calibration, especially when compared to pH pens. I hadn't calibrated my TDS pen for years because I didn't have any reference solution at the time. When I finally broke down and purchased some, I noticed my TDS was only off by  7 ppm. Wish I could say the same for my pH pens that need weekly calibration.