Lost the whole tank...

BigJake

Came back from business trip after being gone for a couple days.  I'm guessing my toddler unplugged the air pump.  He loves to look at the tanks.  Came back to pea soup.

Shadow pandas, red wines and CRS.  Just had my first berried bee shrimp!  Guess I'll stop and pick up a locking door knob tomorrow.

You win some, you lose some.

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

Came back from business trip after being gone for a couple days.  I'm guessing my toddler unplugged the air pump.

To me a couple of days means 2.

I have over 100 RCS in a 2 foot unfiltered tank with a Rosetail Betta and they shrimp breed faster than so called pest snails.

Last year around this time we had major flooding here and lost power for over a week no heater no air pump, no problem no deaths among the shrimp that I could see. Even the Betta sirvived, he wasnt happy but he lived.

Do you have plants in the tank?

How big is the tank.

ROX4V6q.jpg

Contents of tank.

1 Dumbo Rosetail betta,

Over 100 RCS

2 Mystery snails.

10 Kuhli Loaches

1 BN pleco

Unknown number of Malaysian Trumpet snails.

It's a 20 long.  Buce, some starts of flame moss and frogbit.  Mopani, cinnamon bark and cholla wood.

Wasn't overstocked, just around 50 shrimp.

On another note, it looks like almost every female in my PFR tanks is berried!  Should get swingin' in there soon.

@wyzazz I'll be hitting you up for some more CRS when the parameters are back where they should be (if you trust me with them).

50 or so shrimp in a 20 long with a few plants should have been fine without an air pump for 2 days, I wonder if something else was put in the tank. It just went off too quick for it to be just no air pump or filter, I assume you use an air powered sponge filter.

I know its too late now, but what was your maintenance routine?

6 hours ago, BigJake said:

I

@wyzazz I'll be hitting you up for some more CRS when the parameters are back where they should be (if you trust me with them).

Absolutely, just let me know when you're ready.  Stuff happens sometimes, roll with the punches, learn from it, move forward.  

On 6/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, BigJake said:

Came back from business trip after being gone for a couple days.  I'm guessing my toddler unplugged the air pump.  He loves to look at the tanks.  Came back to pea soup.

Any chance he also feed shrimp? Very logical thing to do since you was not at home  and they must be hungry.

Sorry that this happened and good luck with rebuild.

17 hours ago, barvinok said:

Any chance he also feed shrimp? Very logical thing to do since you was not at home  and they must be hungry.

Sorry that this happened and good luck with rebuild.

I almost thought the same thing but I didn't see any excessive food in the tank.  It would explain the way the water looked though.

Tank is coming along nicely though.  Already showing ammonia and nitrite in the re-cycle so it shouldn't take long.

I made some experiments...

In the past i keep 10 shrimp neos, in 500ml water , in Breathing Bag for transporting  for 7 days.

And another , keep in one liter, java some snail, litle grave and 10 snowballs more that 2 months , without feeding, without filter , without water change.

I dont lose them i put them again in the tank.