Neo Caridina Sale! Neos prices to move!

Sbarbee54

All shrimp are shipped priority mail price includes shipping in insulated bix.

10 Top Grade Blood Marys $52 shipped

10 Top Grade Green Jades $52 shipped

10 Top Grade Blue Dreams $50 shipped

10 Top Grade 24K Back Line Neo Yellows $43.0082bd4071c0f0d805895a0c1f2f83c597.jpgd251e5442e6b88e4981b18cf7ad6cbf4.jpg6c36659b97cd1a7f8342dc8b5b8cd3ea.jpg542148dde7e9056bb123d66e7fd22899.jpgcf21e4095465a33707ac2250153a7b5a.jpg68d8b7ab917ebe342f234c1f0bc6cdd0.jpg18eef48d3d336d865f39260ffe886f62.jpgcbc97854226579949b2b4e9609309794.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So did you import or buy these? I see all very similar sized shrimp. Where are the babies and juvies?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MNCarpenter said:

So did you import or buy these? I see all very similar sized shrimp. Where are the babies and juvies?

Steve does Import, and I assume these are from his latest shipment.  He also breeds at home quite extensively and has a good rep in the "Shrimp World".  If you don't mind buying imported shrimp (remember none of the shrimp we keep originated in the U.S., they were all imported at one time) then Steve is a great guy to do business with!  He takes great care of his shrimp and quarantines all of his imports.  JMO...

Sorry little salty on the subject. A local shop likes to claim homebred and new people to the hobby trust him. Then over the next month they get 75-90% die off. I know not all imports have this problem just feel its right to say if they are imports and not let the buyer guess.

Why is it that home bred shrimp even though they came from imports fair so much better? Does the agressive culling by the forign breeders cause a weaker shrimp or is it the long shipping distance n time?

28 minutes ago, MNCarpenter said:

Sorry little salty on the subject. A local shop likes to claim homebred and new people to the hobby trust him. Then over the next month they get 75-90% die off. I know not all imports have this problem just feel its right to say if they are imports and not let the buyer guess.

Why is it that home bred shrimp even though they came from imports fair so much better? Does the agressive culling by the forign breeders cause a weaker shrimp or is it the long shipping distance n time?

No worries, Steve won't claim homebred if they are imported shrimp. 

With shrimp, it's all about stability and consistency.  Most shrimp are in a fragile state after they are shipped & the most critical time for them is the first 30-60 days thereafter.  A lot of importers get their shrimp in, then turn around and re-bag them and ship them right back out to the consumer/hobbyist.  That is far from ideal IMHO.  

I personally think that it's the constant changing of parameters that does these shrimp in.  They go from Overseas Shrimp Farm -> Bag/Shipping -> Importer -> Bag/Shipping -> Final Destination...   ...this is usually within a relatively short amount of time and stresses the shrimp out.  Hence the die-off's and other issues that occur.

^ Agreed.

The red galaxies I purchased from Steve were quarantined for several weeks before I received them. Not only were they healthy but the female I got from him was berried the first week I had her. She just released her clutch yesterday. I would suggest looking for breeders that quarantine beforehand, if getting imports. This will help quite a bit because the importers are weeding out the weaker ones for you and incurring the losses themselves. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from Steve, as he is as reputable as they come for importing shrimp. I've bought from other importers (not dropping any names because they did right in the end) where shrimp didn't survive the first night in my tank and others died a month or so after, despite good parameters. It's just a chance we take in this hobby to have these rare shrimp. 

Yes I do import, and have some home breed tanks as well. All our shrimp at one time were imported. the USA is not lucky enough to have great colorful shrimp like this, and actually most were breed over time for different desired color variations

I diligently inspect and qt all my shrimp, neos even more than others. I have also selected import partners in Taiwan that diligently inspect and qt for weeks before shipping. All my neos have been qt for 8 weeks, and over the first week inspected 4 times a day. During that inspection we also pulled any molts out of the tank for the first week 4 times a day.

Even before all that when we get shrimps the first thing we do is when the bag is opened we instantly add a few drops of prime to it. Prime will nuturilize any ammonia or ammonium that may have occured in shipping. This is a part most importers do not do. Most shipments in transit the water ph will be sub 6.4 and thus when shipped ammonium will occure. Once ammonium comes in contact with air for the first time it will turn to ammonia and start burning the shrimps gills. Prime stops this.

Next we drip all pur neos in 3 hours into neo water. From there we dip all neos 3 times into a salt bath for 1min of 20 to 1 reminerlaized ro to salt. then back to fresh reminerlaized ro then back to their holding tank of fresh ro. We then change out the water and do this 2 more times. This will eliminate almost all issues but green fungus.

After all that we inspect our neos 20 at a time in a specimen container for any issues. This takes us 8 to 10 hours depending on how many neos we get. After all this they go into their forever home.

If you have any questions let me know

Well im sorry i assumed u were playing it loose but glad i asked because that was some good info. Would your salt dip procedure work to clear up any bacteria infections in people's shrimp they have already? You said you put them in fresh ro I'm guess this is remineralized? Lastly will that prime trick only work on standard bags as breather bags should not keep it sealed from o2. And one last thing do you have a list of all shrimp u have available mainly caradina

No salt bath will work on a bacterial infection. Good water, tannis and meds are best for that.

I don't have many caridina right now for sale.

I have BKK, RKK, YKK, SCR Santa Hat, Black Zebra Pintos, Black Spotted heat pinto, some low grade blue bolts.

Also no when shipping in breather bags i add purigen. It as well eliminates the ammonia or nitrite issue. Prime works right when you get shrimp shipped