Are my shrimp dead and how to prevent this from happening again.

1 hour ago, DiscoBee said:

I would lose the stones and try to simplify your plants. a sponge on each end would be plenty.  5 ottos is a lot for a small tank.  you really dont need ottos in shrimp tanks. 

I'd try to keep things to a minimum to try and make it easier. 

Ill pull the stones tonight and move the otos to my girlfriends community tank. I do have another sponge filter it just got moved over to my girlfriends tank to help cycle it a while ago and I never got around to adding it back.

Thank you all for the advice. I have 12 auratais coming and 2 safari culls

I removed the dragon rocks, all the otos, and then added an estabilished sponge filter. I have 13 auratais dripping and 3 black safari culls. I saw an aura blue tiger a little bit ago. Not sure if I still have the other aura blue or any of the auratais from the last shipment.

20180829_160633.jpg

20180829_165140.jpg

35 minutes ago, DiscoBee said:

whats up with all the mulm on/in the soil?  did that happen when you pulled the stones out?  

Im honestly not sure. This tank has never been fed anything except snowflake food. I tried to siphon as much up as possible during my water change yesterday. Is there anything I can do for it?

I believe everyones still alive. I was sent a bunch of really small shrimp so its hard to do a roll call. 

There was a molt/dead shrimp however. It was completely translucent so I believe it was a molt as the rest of the dead shrimp ive seen turn a weird color and seem cloudy. 

Adults usually have a harder time surviving than juveniles correct? I was sent 4 adults and a bunch of tiny juvies.

I found one of the auratai shrimplets dead and I only see 2 more small ones. All 4 adult shrimp I was sent seem to be doing fine and I still have both aura blue tigers. Im hoping it died from stress and being so small. The body was about the size of a pencil tip. Im not sure if the rest are hiding or if ive lost several of the tiny shrimp.

I have 2 black pintos being dripped so I hope there are no issues.

15357387572579214994993905476979.jpg