Shrimp King Substrate

Hi I know the shrimp king substrate isnt very popular so I just wanted to give my opinion on it. A lot of people say that it buffers their pH much too low. In my opinion thats not the case. It buffers my pH to 6.4. I believe they claim its already seeded with bacteria powder so you dont have to use a product like magic powder. Im not sure about that part but I can definitely vouch for the buffering abilities.

I've noticed odd desire for super low PH (like 6.0 or less) in the USA.    A 6.4 is a totally acceptable PH for caridina. 

I've traveled all around the world. been to many breeding rooms and 6.2-6.4 is the sweet spot in my opinion.

1 hour ago, bostoneric said:

I've noticed odd desire for super low PH (like 6.0 or less) in the USA.    A 6.4 is a totally acceptable PH for caridina. 

I've traveled all around the world. been to many breeding rooms and 6.2-6.4 is the sweet spot in my opinion.

Some people reported this substate buffering almost all the way down to 5.0. The bag says it buffers to 6-6.5 and I believe that is correct. One plus side is that it does not leach ammonia and you can add more without the tank clouding up for very long. It was settled in a couple of hours after filling.