Sulawesi shrimp varieties!

Shrimp lady

Is ANYONE wanting to try these out? Its not that difficult to house/maintain them. Just need higher P.H. 8.0 to. 8.5 ,,, TDS 160 or better. (can do this with additives).

I have a source in Indonesia for 6 types,,, Blue legged, Yellow cheek, Harliquin, Cardinal, and such... These are RARE indeed!

Chime in for your interests...

Is ANYONE wanting to try these out? Its not that diffucult to house/maintain them. Just need higher P.H. 8.0 to. 8.5 ,,, TDS 160 or better. (can do this with additives).
I have a source in Indonesia for 6 types,,, Blue legged, Yellow cheek, Harliquin, Cardinal, and such... These are RARE indeed!
Chime in for your interests...

I would definitely be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tub bred from wild stock and with the de-forestation going on over there in Indonesia these hobbyists are actually doing these species a service. Lake shores of Poso & Matano where they come from are getting barren, cattle are messing up the waters and its getting really bad now...

I will contact my Shrimp guy and get a full list/pics on this Thread. One should be ready with a seasoned tank to house, 5 to 10 gallons is suitable. Heat should range from 77o to 84o

The more I get the cheaper they get. Shipping will be the biggest cost though so to split it among members is the way to go.

100 pieces is the minimum for an order. I'll get all the details as soon as I'm contacted again as we have been in-touch just last week....

VERY COOL I"M excited too!

An e-mail from my shrimp guy today

Hi sherry.. 

Glad to hear it. .

Sulawesi type:
1. Tigris
2. Spongicola
3. Yellow leg
4. Yellow nose
5. Redline 
6. Six banded (brown and black )
7. Whitesock
8. Miniblue (C.lohae )
9. Red orchid
10. Black poso (rabbit snail)
11. Yellow poso (rabbit snail)
12. Yellow spot (rabbit snail)
13. Yellow horn (rabbit snail)
14. White spot (rabbit snail)

Like I said in the above post the minimum for any order is 100 pieces, any combo, for a minimum total order to split between all interested. I would like to shoot for 150 pieces total instead...
Price is $2.50 each Shrimp and Snails
Shipping quoat will depend on total orders weight....
Got to go for now will check in tonight...

Tub bred from wild stock and with the de-forestation going on over there in Indonesia these hobbyists are actually doing these species a service. Lake shores of Poso & Matano where they come from are getting barren, cattle are messing up the waters and its getting really bad now...
I will contact my Shrimp guy and get a full list/pics on this Thread. One should be ready with a seasoned tank to house, 5 to 10 gallons is suitable. Heat should range from 77o to 84o
The more I get the cheaper they get. Shipping will be the biggest cost though so to split it among members is the way to go.
100 pieces is the minimum for an order. I'll get all the details as soon as I'm contacted again as we have been in-touch just last week....
VERY COOL I"M excited too!

Hm that's really good to hear. I think our hobby trade needs to be a positive fighting force against ecosystem destruction, not enable it as it often has (Cardinal Bangaii, etc). And ugh double hit on deforestation from clear cutting for raising cattle and the fallout from poop. This is why I don't eat meat!

I appreciate the detail and anything to prove the home bred operation (pics, etc. I believe you, but given Indonesia is far away it might be easy for them to say one thing but do another) will enable a purchase. Thanks @shrimplady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics are coming and yes I am working on the cautious side. Payment to him (Art) his american name will be via Paypal = (Goods & services) this garentee's the buyer from fraud... No box NO $$$$!

I have filed a few claims over a 2 year period from Aquabid seller's who did'nt hold up there end. Got a TOTAL refund of $150.oo for Plecoe's That all showed up way late,, 2 weeks later all D.O.A.

Soo I have ordered (6) types of Sulawesi Shrimps now (there are 9 types) and order will be placed  on (9-9-18) + 6 types of Sulawesi POSO rabbit snails is included order as well.

Time is of the essence as Weather/fall is coming on here in the Pac. N. W.  from over there in Indonesia....

I will tank all 12 types of REALLY cool shrimp + his choice of rabbit snails (pairs) here,,, soo just let me know IF your wanting to help out?

Shipping is the big cost, not the shrimp/snails at a measly $2.50 per piece....

I will post the shipping cost here,,, DHL International as it's around $250.oo or soo...

What do you mean? $ or pieces

YES were up to 230 now + snails! I'm affraid to go higher as Shipping will go way up but will see what weight for that many + water will be in K.G. to US lbs.

I'm in, so how will it work? Just let you know which species and how many?? By the way thanks so much for doing this!! I am in the process of cycling 3 tanks with Onyx sand and Sulawesi 8.5 and was sourcing different species other than C. dennerli

My HOLDING tank (16 G. bowfront) for Sulawesi shrimp. I will add in 2  divider's before hand. I just emptied all old water & flushed & rinsed the top 1/3 of the sand bed in the bathtub.

I need NO dechloronizer as Its Well water 😎....

So now all of the blonde Maylaysian snails have come out of hiding! LOL

Its now full with 100% R/O water and will add in some Well water for topping-off. I added Liquid calcium and Iodine suppliments, (Kent products) and Bateria in a bottle to re-season it.

I will be tossing in a few pieces of algae'd Limestone rock from my outdoor tub pond as well. This should "harden" up the KH too. Rock comes from the San Juan Islands as there is a huge Quarry on Orcas Island. It's even found in a few lakes as well. The KH in them is in the 300 range and has Black Large mouth bass in one of these lakes (Kilbrew). 

DSC01417.JPG

DSC01418.JPG

DSC01419.JPG

These are the Members wanting Sulawesi Shrimp as of 9-10-18

Shiki

Hcuellart

Shrimporama

Shrimp Lady (me)

IF I missed someone Please let me know So I can place this order as it takes time to make all the arrangements.

ThanX

Anyone else? I will close offer on 9-13-18 by 8P.M. PDT

Choices as of now as alot are NOW spoken for:

Mini blue

Red line 

White sock

Yellow poso snails

Just send me a P.M.

Thanx!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...