Ying stone or ada stone look alikes?

Okay. So I have this thing against buying rocks, but I can't find any that look like the ada "dragon stone" or even the knock off ying stone that don't have a crazy price tag.

I have also looked for alternatives, and as I am traveling trying to keep and eye out for interesting ying like stones.

Anyone have any suggestions for finding a knock off cheap. Or anyone live in an area that they find look alike easily and wouldn't mind grabbing a few and shipping them for me? I would obvously pay for shipping (well I guess as long as it isn't crazy expensive).

This problem is actually frustrating me since I like the look of rock only scapes. And I would like to start collecting decorations slowly for my next shrimp friendly scape.

I would try the foam cement trick, but I know from my fiberglass work I am not that good at shaping foam.

Thank you

Hey there. I happen to live around in an area where I have access to relatively cheap gray ying stone. Ive never shipped anything before, but if you walk me through it, Id be glad to help.

Sure, that would be amazing. Where abouts do you live since that could change the process?

Sure, that would be amazing. Where abouts do you live since that could change the process?

I live in the Anaheim area, but there's a place around 40 mins away where I can get some stones for (I think) $0.25 a pound...or I might be remembering wrong. It's not more than a dollar a pound though.

That sounds awesome. If you could do that, that would be awesome. I think a flat rate box would be the best price but I will have to look if they have a weight limit for them.

Hey sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was flying back home today. That looks awesome, I also sent you a pm.

Chris

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...