aotf

I don't understand card genetics at all...

...so here are some pictures!

R8LY1eF.jpg8purdRR.jpg

These F2 shrimplets are only a couple days old (marsilea crenata leaf and hair grass strand as references in second picture) and are the result of:
TT x BB => F1

F1 x BB => F2

The BB group they came from had some mosura in it, so clearly not "pure" BB.
I expected maybe some blue or a lot of orange, but certainly not white and red.

I'm guessing I'm dealing with some kind of low-grade CRS mischling business or the beginnings of a pinto line.
Hope they survive!

I've also got some F1 x F1 =>F2 on the way, they should be hatching this week.

12 hours ago, wyzazz said:

Nice!  Give them a few weeks to color up and you should see what they will actually look like.  

Yeah, I'm pretty excited!
The same day I made that post, some of my F1xF1 => F2 clutches hatched. I haven't been able to get any pictures yet but those ones have some babies that are very clearly blue. I'm guessing they'll darken up a lot so I'm likely looking at some black pintos (...or something).

I haven't seen the ones in the pictures for a couple days and my tank kills card shrimplets (sigh) but I'll keep my fingers crossed and post pictures when I can get some decent ones (these shrimp are so small!).

I'll put up a picture of the mamas later, they're pretty typical tangtai fare but some might find them interesting.

Here's an F1 mom, pretty normal looking for a tangtai (they're having dinner, hence all the floaties):

DCmzqPU.jpg

...and here's the first decent picture I could get of an F1xF1=>F2. They're not as nice as the F1xBB shrimplets but they're moving around a lot more and are clearly healthier. No blue/black ones caught on camera yet.

0pjHW72.jpg

Just kidding, here it it (red pinto?):

2cb8Ovh.jpg

hI there...

I also try with tangerines tigers x pinto and x taiwan, also crs  x pinto taiwans.

In F2 i saw some blacks in there and some red pintos, they are small yet to say what they are for sure.

F1 x f1 give good results?

5 hours ago, Shrimporama said:

Love the red spots. Interesting. Wonder if clear areas will remain. 

Hope not! It's way too early to tell but I'd love for these to come out solid. I'm guessing they'll come out with a lot of clear and I won't be able to select for solids for another generation or two but fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, nicpapa said:

hI there...

I also try with tangerines tigers x pinto and x taiwan, also crs  x pinto taiwans.

In F2 i saw some blacks in there and some red pintos, they are small yet to say what they are for sure.

F1 x f1 give good results?

So far, F1 x F1 is giving me red and "blue" (I think the blue will turn black as they get older). I'll try to get a picture.
We'll see the results in a couple weeks, these ones are 4-5 days old.
I've heard crosses like this don't get good until F4-5 so I'm not expecting these to be great.

9 hours ago, aotf said:

Hope not! It's way too early to tell but I'd love for these to come out solid. I'm guessing they'll come out with a lot of clear and I won't be able to select for solids for another generation or two but fingers crossed.

So far, F1 x F1 is giving me red and "blue" (I think the blue will turn black as they get older). I'll try to get a picture.
We'll see the results in a couple weeks, these ones are 4-5 days old.
I've heard crosses like this don't get good until F4-5 so I'm not expecting these to be great.

This i also know that at f4- f5 have good results.

Yes somes look blue when they are small but turn on  black when grown.

Picture dump!

The quality isn’t amazing because these guys are tiny and I’m taking these pictures with a 5S, but I’m getting some really interesting variety and I thought I’d share. 

Many will be boring tangtais but a couple are really promising.

Clear with white stripes

MKJWBqG.jpg

Pretty eh

IYe8kaE.jpg

Clear with red specks

zXyl28a.jpg

Getting more interesting

9kn2bIs.jpg

Black?

M9FONq8.jpg

...green? With white stripes?

Lb6g3AE.jpg

Nice blue with stripes

2Dpd3Rq.jpg

Whatever this is, I’m excited

pq6yj2b.jpg

I also saw what looked like a blue steel but couldn’t get a picture.

That’s it for now! I’ll post more when they grow up.