glasgarten - environment aquarium soil

Hi there i keep crs taiwans pintos in akadama soil,  akadama keep ph at 6.4 , but its a dead substrate ,  crs going very well  , pintos and taiwan population not grow very fast.

A breeder tell me to try glasgarten soil.

Did anyone try it?

How it stabilise the ph?

How long it can be lowering ph?

Ada as i saw works fine but it take a lot of time to do the nitrogen cycle and have lot of benetifs for plants.

Hello Nicpapa,

I use GlasGarten environmental soil and love it. I would suggest using it. You will not be disappointed. 

I have used it for 1 year now and my Aquariums still hold a ph below 6.0 with RO water remineralized with SS GH+.

As far as cycle time, and the amount of Aquariums you have you should have no Problem seeding the Aquariums you choise to use GG soil in.

Kind regards,

JonRon

8 hours ago, JonRon said:

Hello Nicpapa,

I use GlasGarten environmental soil and love it. I would suggest using it. You will not be disappointed. 

I have used it for 1 year now and my Aquariums still hold a ph below 6.0 with RO water remineralized with SS GH+.

As far as cycle time, and the amount of Aquariums you have you should have no Problem seeding the Aquariums you choise to use GG soil in.

Kind regards,

JonRon

Thanks a lot .

I will try it .

A question how deep you make your substrate?

Are you use undergravel filter?

No I do not use undergravel filter.  Depth wise- for a 60l Aquarium I use a 9l bag. Make sure the substrate is more then 4cm high though.

I recommend buying the bigger granules, not the powder type. Bigger granules seem to hold ph more stable.

7 hours ago, JonRon said:

No I do not use undergravel filter.  Depth wise- for a 60l Aquarium I use a 9l bag. Make sure the substrate is more then 4cm high though.

I recommend buying the bigger granules, not the powder type. Bigger granules seem to hold ph more stable.

Ok .

You use a lot.. :)

I dont use plants and not need that depth.

I will try first with lower substrate as some breeder uses .

And see how this will going.

I order it yesterday. :)