Stopped breeding?

phreeflow

So I got a bunch of nice yellows over summer when they were peewees. They grew out but most were males. Fortunately, what few females I had were constantly berried but never had too many eggs...but it was enough to triple the colony and now I have a bunch of both sexes. Except...they just stopped breeding altogether. No losses, fed a varied diet, and the males go crazy swarming and mating with the females after water changes but NO BERRIES...at all. What am I doing wrong here?

If your parameters are correct , you are not doing anything wrong.

Shrimps in winter stop breed... :) You will see some  beried shrimps at december and then at May.. 

That routine my srhimps follow, and again not all of them.

Are you sure they mating? For mating females must have sandle.

Thanks for the response. The parameters are fine and they eating well, very active, and growing. They seem like they are breeding as the male shrimp will swarm after a water change and will grab a female, flip her over, and do their thing. It’s interesting to see mating behavior but confusing as I don’t see the females getting berried. The females have som much yellow on them, I can’t see if they’re saddled. I’ll wait it out as you said....I didn’t know they stopped during winter. Thx!

Hi phreeflow,

If you have not done any changes, then this issue must have to do with the season - I read this from some journal article. Assuming that your tank's water temperature does not vary per season, then this should not be an issue because shrimps will not have any indication of the season besides temperature. However, I think that it has to do with some sort of breeding cycle - they stop producing for a while then comeback. I could be wrong. But I will not worry to much. Unless shrimps are dropping out, I will not do any changes. I would just observe and do my normal routine (e.i. feeding, water change, etc).