Your Opinion On Scuds

Human Shrimp

So, I'm sure many if not all of you are aware of the aquarium pest: The Scud, but let's look at them as creatures. Let's say they are in a dedicated scud aquarium, not being pests, just being scuds. I personally find them very interesting, I have a dedicated 1 gallon aquarium for scuds and I plan on upgrading it to a larger tank because their numbers are exploding. How do you feel about them? Are they ugly? Cute? Interesting? Boring? 

• 1 month later...

This is a late reply but I have to agree with you. I find them very interesing. I took some photos of mine in a cube just for pics. Right now I have them in a 5 gallon bucket and (2) 17 gallon tubs. I plan to sent up a 5 gallon tank for better viewing.

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hard to clean bottom of the tank, a lot of them end up in the bucket and catch each of them to return back takes too long time.

General impression is meh... I like more amphipods in marine tanks, they are as rugby players at the time of feeding. Daphnia look better, if only I was able to keep them alive long term, they are like live lava lamp.

• 1 month later...

I don't like them in shrimp only tanks.  I had to drain and dry my tank to get rid of them.  I tried adding ammonia to like 4ppm or more and it didn't seem to phase them.