noob here, need some ideas for what shrimp to get

thelordofthefish

I'm running a high tech planted tank with GH4-5, KH 1, PH around 5.8-6, 55 gallon. I currently have about 15 CRS but I'd like some diversity. I know neocaradinas won't interbreed with the CRS so those are an option but what about Taiwan bees or any other shrimp? What results would the interbreeding show? I don't mind mischlings as long as they look pretty and not brown/see-through. I especially love the black/white types of shrimp.

Open to any stocking suggestions:D

When you keep neocaridinas and caridina shrimp together generally 1 set will do much better  depending on your parameters. In your situation the caridina would do better. And mixing shrimp well you can get generally anything for instance if you mix blue and red neocaridinas they can throw multi colored shrimp and even purple neocaridina. In your case if you like the black and white types of shrimp and are not worried about mixing them, what about keeping some black crystals as they can fit the tank parameters and black crystals do throw red crystals from time to time. Just make sure to quarantine anything before throwing them in and have fun!