EverStuff

Ghost Bee x Aura Blues

Have any of you done any cross breeding with aura blues? I've been having a hell of a time getting the Auras I got to breed. They berry up, but drop their eggs after 5-8 day. I've had them since Oct. Nice mix of juvies to young adults when I got them. I've tried them in a tank with caridina params, and neo params. Some of the other shrimp breeders I've chatted with said they've had a time of too. Took ages for them to hold a clutch to hatching.

On a whim, just for shits and giggles, I stuck two females in my ghost bee tank. The first one just hatched out a clutch today. Has anyone ever tried crossing Auras with anything else? Am I understanding it right that the f1's won't really have anything neat to them, it'll be the f2's bred to themselves or back to one of the two types of parent shrimp that should start producing maybe something neat? So far they're just clear shrimp with maybe a yellow tint to the head like the ghost babies look just hatched. I don't know what the day old auras would look like since I haven't been able to get time to breed expect for this cross. 

Ghost Bee x Aura Blue babies. I definitely see some white striping coming in. Now just to wait to see if they get a blue body from the Auras, or stay clear like the Ghosts. I'm also dreaming of the start of a zebra Ghost pattern if they stay clear. I have another berried female that I'm seeing eyes in the eggs. Should be hatching soon. Same cross. 

20190304_234857.jpg

20190304_234914.jpg

20190304_234919.jpg

20190304_234925.jpg