Shrimp aren't breeding

Amanda

So I have had these shrimp for about a month now, 7 neos, different colors. They are in a all natural planted and driftwood tank with a sponge filter and no heater. The tank stays around 70-72. My PH is about 7.2, I just got an R/O filter so my water is half R/O half tap water.

My shrimp are not breeding. I eve. Tried buying berries cherry and she held her eggs for Bout 3 days and the. They dissapeared. Couldn't tell you what happened.

Any idea or tips?

What are your water parameters? Kh, Gh, TDS ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? Have the others molted? Some shrimp take the winter off or slow down breeding then start again spring/summer. How are the shrimp acting? Are they busy?

A month isn't that much time for the shrinps to get settled. As long as they aren't dying off you shouldn't be worried, they'll probably start getting busy around summer time. As for the berried shrimp you bought dropping her eggs, the stress of being shipped can cause that to happen. Just give the tank some time to nature and your shrimp will start breeding.