Shrimp/Crayfish/Plant rack in the making

Duff0712

DETAquarium: thanks! I like the rack so far. Not too much an eye sore and seems to hold its own quite well.

And videos!! Holy crap I didn't know how hard I breath. Oh well.

https://vimeo.com/114417582

https://vimeo.com/114417612

Getting more shrimp this next coming week. Sales are dangerous.

-Duffy

• 3 weeks later...

Also, DETA, I replaced the particle board that came with the rack with plywood (I think haha) just for a stronger base for the tanks. SHOULD have also wrapped or coated them in something waterproof, but my excitedness got ahead of me.

Don't have any pictures at the moment, but it looks like I have 2 berried shrimp in my 12 gallon (1 mischling and 1 blue bolt :D). 

I am also battling green hair algae right under both of my lights. I believe its a combination of the intensity of the light in the two spots and I dosed more Iron than I should have. Will give it another week and see whats going on. Laying off the iron and spot dosing with Seachem Excel. Trying to find out a better way to house those lighting bulbs in another thread. Thinking t8 or t12 fixtures and somehow getting legs on them.

I also consolidated my emersed set up into one side as my plants were starting to yellow. I think it was a depletion of nitrogen and still have yet to buy osmocote tabs from someone. Other than that once I deal with the algae and my tank looks pretty again I will post some more pictures and hopefully show off some babies!