Tangerine Tiger x Regular Tiger?

neilshieh

Hi all, so i have a lone tangerine tiger that i threw into my regular tiger tank to see what would happen. I figured that since both of them are natural colorations (as in not color morphs like OEBT) they wouldn't be able to revert back to anything... has this been done before? I've looked around on TPT and stuff but haven't found anything. My tigers wouldn't breed for the longest while so i ended up using some benibachi breeding liquid and finally had one berry up. The tangerine tiger is the only one in a tank of ~11 adult tigers with orange eyes. I've read that TT's are super aggressive breeders so i figured he/she would knock up someone real quick lol. anyways what do you guys think? 

Yep they will definitely breed together. I had a lone TT male get into my red tiger tank and bred with the female there...ended up with a whole new coloration of tiger. Let it happen and see what you get....won't take the TT long.

Any pics of what you ended up with?

wow that looks very cool! definitely leaving him/her in and seeing what happens. It's the weirdest thing though, both I and a friend bought these tigers from the same seller and they just refuse to breed. My friend keeps red tigers and all that and has no problem with those but these guys just aren't excited... and they're full adults too. I was excited that I finally got one to berry with the breeding liquid but i don't want to keep having to use it. any thoughts?

I bred them for 4 generations, then sold them all, but Yes they did breed true!  Don't know if the person kept

breeding them as I left the shrimp industry for a year or two.  Now I am back in again, and will be crossing many different types.

Neilshieh...just leave it in the tank and let nature take its course.  Many shrimps need time to settle in a new environment before they start to breed.   I have had my setups for 2 months now and only this last week have I discovered a few of my shrimps are berried.   One is an OEBT x Royal Blue Tiger.   I am still waiting on my Crystal White bees to breed yet....so patience is the key!

When they are ready it will happen.

huh, you're probably right, I guess im just impatient heh. Also i didn't realize they got so much bigger than regular neo's lol. we've both had them for a couple months and we were just annoyed that if they just grew old and died without bearing young.... hence why i threw in the TT to spice things up. "Bengals" are really pretty though, and if they breed true i wonder why people haven't done that. Literally the best of both worlds lol

Reason people don't breed them is they didn't know they existed!  When I first realized the female Red Tiger was berried and it was the TT male, I thought ok we'll see what comes out of it.  1st generation babies looked Odd....sort of reddish brown with 5 white bands across the back, not nice looking at all.  So because I didn't know what else to do with them I left them in the tank, and put a couple more TTs in there.  Few months down the road I noticed these orange colored tigers with white and black stripes on them crawling around the tank.

I separated them into a tank alone, sold off the others at an auction, and left these orange/black/white guys to themselves....eachbaby from then on came out like the ones above....so I named them "Bengals"  

Most people can't be bothered spending time with Hybrids so they just don't do it.  It takes quite a long time to see an end result and then you don't know if anyone will want them.  Crossbreeding can be very time consuming, so be prepared to take whatever comes out of the cross.  It can be very interesting to say the least.