Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Can anyone recommend, good taps for PVC. Want to run a line to each rack and just tap what I need. Found a few but heard some will leak so want to get the right one.

-Chris

http://jehmco.com/html/air_accessories.html

I think I used the AV1B, but look at the avmp20. It may serve your purpose and your work is already done.

Ah always forgot jemco has great fittings. Need a few,more sponges for 30g+ sponge filters th the best. I order from China on the small dual filters.

-Chris

Also my shopping list for NYC

4 bags ada soil

Whatever else will make return trip well. Or probably be buying up all good deals my 20L a and my 10g been cycling, over a month. When my basement is done I plan on moving a lot of high quality USA, bred shrimp. I keep prices Lowe t o,bring.

-Chris

8 tanks? if |I counted right? if you ever sell your house ...they will be asking... :D awsome project i want to do the same so I keep on reading.... :)

Lol I have 12 tanks in one floor, 2 large on another and 15 in my garage hahaha. Plan on breeding on a larger scale to supply some buddies store. And of course people here to!

Can anyone recommend, good taps for PVC. Want to run a line to each rack and just tap what I need. Found a few but heard some will leak so want to get the right one.

-Chris

Chis what size size is the pipe you are tapping. We use these all the time for air sampling in our remediation systems. The ones we use don't leak. this as requirement due to the atmosphere they allow us to access is explosive and can't be present in the work environment.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

Chis what size size is the pipe you are tapping. We use these all the time for air sampling in our remediation systems. The ones we use don't leak. this as requirement due to the atmosphere they allow us to access is explosive and can't be present in the work environment.

Haven't planed out the lines yet, what size lines do you run? They have individual valves on the tap? So you can adjust flow?

-Chris

Do you do a continual water flow for your discus with an overflow to a drain?

No at the moment change it every other day. Be one of the reasons I'm excited a out the room, will be able to hard plumb my water and drill the tanks. Be an easier water change. Use a python on a powerhead now takes awhile.

-Chris

Chris,

Our taps, tap into 2 inch PVC lines. As far as adjusting flow they are not precision adjustments more line .25, .50 etc.

That was really all I was wanting to do, sometimes the flow is too much and would want to be able to tone it down a little. Havent worked with the central air before so want to make sure I have all the options covered and dont waste money on something that Ill have to change later. A friend and I are putting together for a decent bit so I can drill some tanks and get them all ready to install. Should have the drywall done at least in half of the room so that I can install the flooring. Once I get the drywall up and all sanded/painted I should start moving some of the tanks down! Will probably still be awhile before I get to that point though. Takes forever!

Love your persistence and tenacity with this, man.  I don't have much patience. heh

Thanks was in the military so I definantly had to learn some patience. Tanks are my version of therapy and is cheaper than paying a professional haha. Have also wasted time and money jumping the gun in this hobby lol. You learn after awhile to ask a million questions and then still take it slow and steady! That and a 3 year old will do it lol.

Chris

I took a photo of one of our air setups. It is comprised of a tee fitting either slip or treaded ends. The tee portion is threaded and then using a reducer you get to .25 or .5 inch then you install the sample port. The sample ports are available at McMaster parts for 8$ each.post-143-140054052775_thumb.jpg

Scott,

Great thanks, Would be a nice setup. I think it would get expensive quick with the amount of tanks that I am looking at.

http://jehmco.com/html/air_accessories.html

Here is one that I found, they sell the taps and the valves to. I am thinking that the prebuilt ones wouldnt be a bad idea. Or I can just add a few that I am trying to do. Theses are great prices als.

Soo got a quick update for the room! I picked up a 150g tank today for.......100$ with a sump. Got some pumps and stuff haven't went through it yet. Has the in tank overflows. Was a random home moving sale that we stopped by. Steal!!! Couldn't pass it up!.

Have all the coats,on the drywall sanded and finished. Just got to clean up all the dust and then we'll be ready to prime the walls. Still,have to figure out what lighting to use in the ceiling. May go with recessed lighting. I ran a circuit for the lighting so just have to get the lights.

-Chris