Feedback?

Pros and cons to feedback. It's a great way to show appreciation but I worry about when I'm displeased with transactions (like on tpt) people will bad rate back. And I don't like how it can taint people. A negative rating from me doesn't always mean the seller is awful.

I think it can go either way

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah the feedback system isn't really great at tpt. Most people don't want to leave negative feedback or even neutral feedback. If people aren't honest it really doesn't work. I really don't have a solution to this, perhaps if people can't see their own feedback, but then again everyone has a right to defend themselves.

Every feedback system is going to have flaws. They are a nice way to see if a seller is trustworthy though. This goes for buyers as well but in my opinion to a much lesser degree, especially on forums where if a buyer commits and then bails or never pays we can usually just move on to the next person without incurring any costs or major inconveniences. On ebay and such if a buyer fails to pay, the seller I believe eats the listing fees and is forced to relist. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there. I also think ebay's feedback system only allows sellers to leave buyers positive or no feedback. I assume this is to avoid negative revenge feedbacks. Perhaps we could work out a system that limits the ability to take revenge. Maybe something like ebays system or feedback only for sellers. 

Why not have one sided feedback? I know it has its cons, but at least people would be able to post freely.

It'd really be nice if the system knew when payment was received, and it didn't allow feedback for the seller once 24 hours transpired. That's all they really have to rate the buyer on, anyways.

The only issue I have with not being able to post feedback after 24 hours is what if you order shrimp they come in and don't color up like they're suppose to? I ordered a few PFR from a couple of people and one batch seems to be sakura grade instead of PFR. Guess there really isn't any perfect feedback system. I do agree with the 1 sided feedback part though.

I tried to post and it didn't go through, so hope this isn't a double post....but I have been selling on ebay (not fish but collectibles) since 1996 and have seen the feedback system change a lot. In my opinion I do not like the idea of one sided feedback. I think that everyone should have a chance to give their side of the story. How frustrating would it be if a buyer give you a negative and you can't defend yourself, or give your side of the transaction. I also think it would give both sides incentive to correct any problems before any feedback is left. Ebay gives the seller a chance to respond, also encourages people to  communicate and mend the problems before feedback is left.

I tried to post and it didn't go through, so hope this isn't a double post....but I have been selling on ebay (not fish but collectibles) since 1996 and have seen the feedback system change a lot. In my opinion I do not like the idea of one sided feedback. I think that everyone should have a chance to give their side of the story. How frustrating would it be if a buyer give you a negative and you can't defend yourself, or give your side of the transaction. I also think it would give both sides incentive to correct any problems before any feedback is left. Ebay gives the seller a chance to respond, also encourages people to communicate and mend the problems before feedback is left.

I don't do much on eBay, just sales and purchases here and there. Most of my knowledge comes from my dad who has bought and sold stamps on there for as long as I can remember. So correct me if I'm wrong but can't you as a seller comment on any negative feedbacks you are given?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I don't do much on eBay, just sales and purchases here and there. Most of my knowledge comes from my dad who has bought and sold stamps on there for as long as I can remember. So correct me if I'm wrong but can't you as a seller comment on any negative feedbacks you are given?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, you can comment on a neg. feedback as a seller....to give your explanation....I think it's only fair.....let's face it sometimes you can run into a buyer that no matter what you do, they are not happy......

I am out of town a lot this month but I will try and look into something.  Most the feedback things I think are addons that cost additional money so I may not do them until the forum is larger.  In the mean time if anyone wants to do their own research on how to do feedback using IP.board I would greatly appreciate anything you can find.