rain water tests

I ran tests on rain water over a one week period. The rain water was run through a sponge filter and that was all. I also let some set and tested it each day for a week.

I get all tests exactly the same as my RO water except, the TDS is 20, and my RO TDS is 4, and

there is .5 ammonia in the rain water. Other than those two differences, the water is exactly the same all across the board as RO water.

I feel like I could use the rain water instead of RO water in my tanks no problem. I live in the mountains, so as long as I run it and colllect it through a filter or two coming in and going out, it is just as good as RO water.

What do you think?

I did age it and test it every day for a week, and I did not collect from the rain gutter, but I

will filter it going in, and coming out. I'll have to try the activted carbon. The ammonia was

very insignificent at .5, and I can use a good prduct to get rid of even the .5. and use

Bee Shrimp Mineral to get the TDS to 135.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tested rain water and I collect it with a large man made plastic funnel into a 50 gallon trash can. I love it as it is abut what my ro is tds 4 rain tds 0 ro. Gh0 rain and ro kh0 for both as well. I like the fact it is nature done not rain through man made machines