what hobbies do you have besides aquatic?

wicca32

title says it all. what else do you do with your free time? 

me i crochet most of the time. i come from a talented family so i have several "hobbies" i like to take pics of my tanks and fish as well as the sky and landscapes. i am also a 2nd generation basket weaver. i like to draw. and i can play at least a half dozen musical instruments. i dont get to play music much any more cause the dog thinks is fun to sing along and that just makes me laugh lol. 

when i was bored tonight i decided since i had copper wire sitting around i would do this. its a cherokee double wall basket and is about half the size of a dime

10468681_774652609253595_825627757676487

10438927_774652592586930_810437334650104

Wow!  How long did that take to make?

Y'all know about my selective breeding hobby.  I'm also a stay at home dad, and VP/cofounder of a live theatre.  I'm also an actor.

I used to dabble on the piano by writing my own songs, but since I got married ten years ago, we don't have a piano here- so haven't had a chance to do that.

Those three hobbies (breeding, dad, theatre) take up so much time, I don't have time for anything else! LOL

that took about an hour or so maybe hour and a half. im pretty proud of that little thing. ive never made one that small and never used wire before either. pretty sure it will turn into a christmas present for my mother lol. first thing she said when she saw it was " Can i have it?" lol

Well done wicca32.

I used to keep birds but I am taking break until I get more space and time for them, I had Gouldians, Canary, Parrotlets, Finches and what not, back then I had MCS ( multi cages syndrome) similar to MTS that we have in the aquatic hobby.

post-184-0-32459500-1404088081_thumb.jpg

That copper basket is nice.

Just knowing that it copper wire seems so hard to weave .

My hobbies are fish and few elderly snakes but no more after this bunch .

Shrimpo,

Very nice zebras .  I had a pair of toucans years ago in a large flight aviary outside .  We had several fledglings from them that I gave away but the initial pair we had for about 15 years bit more for the male . I than had 4 female Java Rice sparrows for years .

Soothing ,

I have a friend who was in Miami Vice decades ago which was a series about 2 detectives in Miami . He played a drug dealer on 2 episodes and his son was in the Sopranos as a tree branch cutter who one of the mob guys knocks down .

His son is pursuing acting on the side but has his regular job .

My friend did it decades ago on a whim . He went for an audition they had by the beach and he got the role because he had the look they wanted .

Everyone does something different haha.

Aside from breeding fish and shrimp, which I've been in the aquatic culture since I was 7, at least with my own tanks, maybe 4 with my grandpas tanks trying to take those over.

I don't usually have time for much else, my family takes my afternoons, I work evenings, and deal with my tanks in the mornings. I do on occasion play video games, currently waiting for destiny to come out, for those who don't know, bungie the makers of halo, this is there first game in ten years. I'm super excited for it.

About 2 years ago ,I used to play "Penguin wars" .   Penguins throw snowballs at each other and you can get snowballs that explode , etc .

It was a free game but if you registered you would play against another player and not the computer , like Emperor Penguins vs Rock hopper penguins (my team) one day they changed it to some type fortress defense and ruined it .

The whole game was ruined .

Have either one of you played it?   

Nah. As far as mobile games go I've done Farmville. Clash of clans. Mobsters. Mafia. And several fish tank ones. But console games are my hold. Been playing since I was 6 about the same as my fish tanks that's 17 years now for both haha

I had on e of the original Sinclair's  My dad bought it for the family and we thought we were hot stuff. heh  8K of memory that could be boosted up to 32K with an add on pack.  Storage was an audio  cassette tape.  Games were pretty much limited to X's and O's.

Then my dad got smart and bought an Atari.  It had Tennis!  But wait- there's more.  It also had hockey, ping pong, squash, and doubles.  Yeah, it was tennis with longer or shorter paddles. 

Man, have we come far!

I STILL want a virtual game though.  Put on my goggles or helmet and feel like part of the world!

My brother still has our original Nintendo console from when we were kids, and I played Mario Bros. and Mario3 with him not very long ago. :) Amazing that thing has held up so long... As has my muscle memory for the spacing on all the jumps, etc. He long ago graduated to fancy games and other consoles, and I... well, sometimes I button mash on the newer ones. Then I run into the wall a bunch of times, get shot in the back, and give up.

One of my hobbies is soap making. I do the cold-process technique, meaning I make it from scratch at moderate temperatures, with lye and various fats/oils, and then let it go through a cure period. I've been on a several month hiatus/vacation from making it, but am gearing up to get back to it. I'll try to grab some pics and add them here at some point.

Man I wish we had an Atari when I was a kid. I started with the super nes then the Nintendo 64 and genesis. Crazy taxi is one of my all time fave games.

I used to be into building model cars, used to play guitar. Build oh scale model trains and the whole layout for them on 10x8' plywood mountains cities the whole chabang. But aquatic culture and video games have been the only thing to keep my add in check and kept my concentration. Everything else wen kaput after a year or so. Guitar I played for about 3 years but give me a major scale to play on and a solo to try and shred, and I would end up breaking the freaking guitar.

My wife says I have too many hobbies...

Fishing (fly and spin, fly tying, rod making)

Cars (engine performance, audio, and paint)

Wake boarding

Distilling

Snow boarding

Mountain biking

Rock climb (semi out of it for the last few years though)

History buff

Wood working

Aquarium (really like planted tanks, hopefully will like selective breeding, and interesting fish. Only freshwater for now)

And applying for mba schools if you count that.

I have problems with having nothing to do an sitting still so I keep myself very busy. With no kids, I have the time for multiple hobbies and most of the time I rotate through stages to be honest.

Chris

Camaro,

Fly fishing is very popular around here , People fly fish for peacock bass and the tarpon bunch in Key west prefer fly fishing .  I have never tried it but I like the simplistic look of the rod/reel .  I know as a rule the rods and reels are way more expensive than the non fly fishing gear .

Soothing,

I recall those ping pong or tennis games which first came out . You could play one set forever with no one scoring , lol .  It just went back and forth but for those days it was high tech

I sell (minimally) on etsy. :) My site has been "on vacation" for a while, but I'm in the process of getting it up and running again. People can contact me for info if interested, but I only do small batches, and the stock varies. Mostly I do it to make money to continue making soap. My shrimp may be pampered freeloaders, but my soap has to "work" for its keep. :P