Jump to content

Jcstomp

Members
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  • Feedback

    N/A

Seller statistics

  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Jcstomp last won the day on March 20 2019

Jcstomp had the most liked content!

About Jcstomp

  • Rank
    Member
  • Birthday 12/07/1982

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Garden Grove, CA
  • Interests
    Fresh and saltwater aquariums
  • Inverts You Keep
    CRS, Deep blue bolts, Steele blue, Red galaxy pinto.

Recent Profile Visitors

258 profile views
  1. Great that'll work. You should put an airstone in there on low for O2 and movement.
  2. Sure thing. Just remember youre trying to keep that temp water clean as poss, so use baster and suck out any pellet not eaten after an hour or so. Sitting food will toxify water fast but the powder is ok if very light.
  3. You might have to keep them in remineralized R/O water in a smaller one gallon container or whatever for a week or two with some moss and change water every 2-3 days. Just know theres no algea film to feed on so light pellets and mabye very light amount of powder food.
  4. Ya, I kinda want to get a good strong blue colony going then make better selectives from there.
  5. Hmm. Might be something else. I let both my tanks get to 150-170 in about a months time usually and water change I usually bring it down to 135. I also removed all my foreground and some stringy grass moss that was growing very slowly pulling a draging along bottom to take excess debre off each plant which I know shouldnt do with fry but all my fry and shrimp came out after eating and swimming around and the 3 females berried again for 4th time. What do you feed? I use bacter ae and some dif veg or food pellets. I am do for a water change though now at 165.
  6. Thank you EverStuff. I am excited for this project to work out and have a strong blue galaxy pinto strain. Ill make sure you get first dibs👍. It looks like my new deep bb might be female so once shes berried and has her fry, I will be auctioning off a few of the fry. Id say prob in about 4 months. Also will start auctioning the other fry from main tank soon.
  7. Just wanted to give an update on a few selected gen1 I have in a seperate setup. I have 3 generations now in my main from my red galaxy pinto x Deep blue bolt project to make blue galaxy pintos. So far gen1 about 60% turned dark almost black like but still blue tint and the other 40% are really nice blue which are the one I have selected. I got a new deep blue bolt to breed with the ones I selected to try and strengthen the blue.
  8. Thats interesting. There are some a darker more grayish blue and some are bright blue. After more research, I have seen those post of the blue or purple. Is there any info on how to get those cross breeds?
  9. Really nice setup! Ya, the genetic stuff is a bit confusing.
  10. Thank you Tpshrimper. Yes, they are beautiful and werent cheap lol.
  11. I recently posted in introduction but wanted to get some insight on recent shrimp babies that I have. Only male deep blue in tank have three shrimps berried females, two red galaxy pinto and one steel blue. They have had their first batch. Do I have blue bolt pinto or? Some have pinto pattern but blue in color. Have not seen any red babies though I recently fixed a high flow issue and might have lost some do to the high flow. Was curious since I couldnt find any blue pinto shrimp while resesrching. Thank you and appreciate any insight.
  12. Hey everyone. Been into both salt water and Freshwater tanks for roughly 20 years. The first time I tried a CRS tank was about 8 years ago and was successful with breeding them though shorlty after took my tank down when I moved and just recently set one back up. Super excited about getting back into it, especially with the more varitations that have been bred. This time around I used a 20 gal innovative and is planted. After the cycle I put in a few deep blue bolt male, a few red galaxy pinto females, one steel blue female. So far I have few babies showing and the same females have eggs again. The only thing is I have used the pump that came with the tank and has been way too high of a flow so switched it out for a smaller/slower pump and the babies started coming out more. I know its not the ideal tank since it has the overflow slot for background filter but have sponge filter for the slots. Im now cycling another 6 gal for the ones ill keep. Ive read alot of info from the shrimp spot and is nice to have. Here are some pics of setup and progress. Will take more when more babies. Water per. 76° ph 6-6.5 tds 100-140 reminerized RO water.
×
×
  • Create New...