Different colours but one thing in common

randy

Okay, here is the "secret" behind this snowflake food. And you might get some other ideas from this.

The way snowflakes is made is no high tech, barley straw pellet and a lot of other animal feeds are made the same way. This all started about 2 years (?) ago, someone was brave enough to feed deer feed to their shrimps. The result was an instance success. And it was a semi-well-kept secret what they were. The pictures of those snowflakes were seen in forum/social media posts, many asked what they were but the answer was never given out in open forum as far as I'm aware.

Now you know what it is, and you can probably guess how much the cost really is. I get mine from a source who actually gets the factory to add some more stuff in the manufacturing process and package them. I only know my shrimps love them and there hasn't been any ill effect. A great vacation food too.

About the nutrition value: yes, they probably don't contain high nutrition value, so they shouldn't be used as the staple food. However, all my shrimps love it and they are more active with it present. So from the experience in the last year or so that I fed them, it gets the approval from my shrimps.

I second the above, great once in a week food or once every other week.  My shrimp love it and they seem more active when it is around.  I leave mine be.  I never pick it out.  

I used it in all my tanks for my week Vacation to NY, and it worked wonders!