Aquatic Adventures of Triton

Triton

So a ton has been developing lately, I've gotten very involved with my clubs BAP (breeders award program) - my current focus is livebearers...

It took a little persuading, but the offer of an organized basement, tanks being "hidden" and lots more storage... I won... 

We have been doing some measurements and back and forth with design. But this is the "rough" final design

post-88-0-18402100-1426779825_thumb.jpg

Few notes:

-Red blocks - gas meter (left) and electric panel (right)

-Furnace has a heat vent right off of it, so by having it in the room = no need to run any ductwork

-Won't be able to finish the ceiling, way too much mechanical in that section, lots of ductwork and water pipes to try to hide in a ceiling. Having spoke to a few fellow fish keepers in the area, having a dehumidifier in the room will prevent moisture problems.

-I've spoken to Rachel O'Leary and a few others with rooms in a basement regarding insulating the concrete walls, many agree the benefit is not worth the risk of mold and the amount of work involved

-Will probably install 2 separate breakers for this room, 1 for the heater and dehumifier, and one for the lights / air pump. 

-Looking into a timer based light switch to control a few of the outlets, that way I can have all the lights on a timer for like 4-6 hours a day