Blue dream and blue velvets kept together

Blue terms are so confusing. Are they both Neos for sure? I think they are, but I always get confused with the velvets, jellies, and pearls, some of which being different species, and some meaning different things depending on your continent.

Soothing may be more up on this, but even two blue Neo strains, when bred together, may eventually get you more wild type than blues, since it may be different genes that are controlling the color. All the selection that went into one blue strain may be lost if you mix it with the other one.

Shrimp genes are so complicated, no one can probably tell you for sure. You might get more blue, or a variety pack including several colors and more wild types. You could always experiment and let us know!

Even blue velvets from two different sources may get you wild types.  One reason is that there is no standard in the naming of these Neos. The only true way is to try them yourself.

If you want to get better blue neos, I'd suggest to start with just the dream blues. They have been pretty good to me and about 70+% are as blue or even better than the parents, and the rest just aren't as blue but still pretty good. Much better than blue diamonds have done for me.

Blue dreams are typically a darker and more vivid blue color. These are just the typical blue velvets. Yes if you breed two neos together or slightly different strains you run the risk of breeding back to wilds. I have a project going of carbon rilis where I am breeding out the black and just going for a solid blue color. I am very fond of the color of blue that I get in some of my shrimp. Hopefully I will have some succes doing this.

Sounds like what we have over here called Fantasy blue. It's so confusing when breeders chose different names for them.

http://www.sharnbrookshrimp.co.uk/Fantasy_Blue_Shrimp_Neocaridina_Davidi_p/fantasy-blue.htm