Post your other pets!

swissian

need the extra heat??????

My house was built in 1906, so its pretty drafty :P

I keep a few space heaters and random blankets sitting around in winter for the cats, because I don't trust them unattended in a sweater.

I dont care for dogs but I love this guy (Bop), Will be my first and only dog I will ever have. Insanely smart and never barks. English Stadffordshire Bull Terrier 38lbs full grown. Wish my kids listens as well as he does,

Great looking .

You don't see that breed much if at all .

My neighbor has an English bull terrier which as you know is different but as tenacious .

Great looking .

You don't see that breed much if at all .

My neighbor has an English bull terrier which as you know is different but as tenacious .

They still call them nanny dogs in England, used to look after small kids while parents worked the fields. Was the #1 dog in states until US G.I.'s brought back German Shepard from the great war.  Petey from the little rascals was an English staffie .The real Jack from Little House on the Prairie was an English staffie. Sad part is is pitbull guys cross them for smaller size and very powerful bite yet they hate to bite. He barely barks and has never showed anger or barked. His blood line dates back almost 230 years from one family in the U.K. he's a mama's boy and loves little kids and is so gentle, has never nipped even playing,  has an incredible ability to read people .An Irish butcher 400 years ago crossed a now  extinct terrier with an English bulldog.

They still call them nanny dogs in England, used to look after small kids while parents worked the fields. Was the #1 dog in states until US G.I.'s brought back German Shepard from the great war.  Petey from the little rascals was an English staffie .The real Jack from Little House on the Prairie was an English staffie. Sad part is is pitbull guys cross them for smaller size and very powerful bite yet they hate to bite. He barely barks and has never showed anger or barked. His blood line dates back almost 230 years from one family in the U.K. he's a mama's boy and loves little kids and is so gentle, has never nipped even playing,  has an incredible ability to read people .An Irish butcher 400 years ago crossed a now  extinct terrier with an English bulldog.

I think Nanny dogs were Am Staff which is bigger than the Staffordshire Bull Terrier  ?

''Sad part is is pitbull guys cross them for smaller size''

There is a ''low rider'' version of the PB which looks like a piglet .I think that is what you mean  ?

They seem popular but to me they look deformed and unhealthy .

No different than the other extreme of monster American bulldogs I  now see which can barely walk by 3 years old .

Here is a pic of a pic of my AB, since no cell phones back than just regular cameras  . He passed away years ago at 13  .

The female a cane corso who was 4 years younger lived a year after he passed on but she was never the same .

post-74-0-05932600-1457692794_thumb.jpg

I know its not fair when I pop out with a Doberman puppy. this is my 2nd Doberman after having one for 13 years. This is the newest member of the family, here he was 12 weeks. now he barely turned 1 year this Feb. 26.

:)

his name is Rex

post-3271-0-16681000-1457709567_thumb.jp

post-3271-0-18647300-1457709573_thumb.jp

post-3271-0-18883900-1457709580_thumb.jp

I think Nanny dogs were Am Staff which is bigger than the Staffordshire Bull Terrier  ?

''Sad part is is pitbull guys cross them for smaller size''

There is a ''low rider'' version of the PB which looks like a piglet .I think that is what you mean  ?

They seem popular but to me they look deformed and unhealthy .

No different than the other extreme of monster American bulldogs I  now see which can barely walk by 3 years old .

Here is a pic of a pic of my AB, since no cell phones back than just regular cameras  . He passed away years ago at 13  .

The female a cane corso who was 4 years younger lived a year after he passed on but she was never the same .

English staffies are the original staffordshire bull terrier, one of the oldest bloodlines lines in the dog world, When the first settlers came to the colonies they developed a bigger version of the english staffie due to having to deal with wolves and big cats. Unfortunately this also bought out a bad aggression towards other dogs and an ability to fight very well. Then the american bull dog was crossed with the american staffie and is now what you call a pitbull.  Now we have idiots and I wish I could swear on this site that has used these two advantages of the american staffie with the american bulldog and have created a very dangerous combination. Pits can be great dogs with the right the owners but we all now that to many idiots and thugs own then and thats deadly. There is one line of English staffie that comes from South Africa which the staffie world calls "hot" meaning very aggressive towards other dogs, great family dog but many cant even be kept with it own kind unless its breeding time. Heard stories that these 36-38lbs dogs can take a 100+lbs dogs like a retriever or lab down with no problems,

English staffies were bred for hunting badgers and chasing bulls in a bull pen. They used to think tiring bulls would soften the meat but it made it tougher, But a few families (The Donellas) like my dog mine came from realized these dogs made excellent baby sitters and developed that trait and this same family after 230 years is still doing this.

English staffies are the original staffordshire bull terrier, one of the oldest bloodlines lines in the dog world, When the first settlers came to the colonies they developed a bigger version of the english staffie due to having to deal with wolves and big cats. Unfortunately this also bought out a bad aggression towards other dogs and an ability to fight very well. Then the american bull dog was crossed with the american staffie and is now what you call a pitbull.  Now we have idiots and I wish I could swear on this site that has used these two advantages of the american staffie with the american bulldog and have created a very dangerous combination. Pits can be great dogs with the right the owners but we all now that to many idiots and thugs own then and thats deadly. There is one line of English staffie that comes from South Africa which the staffie world calls "hot" meaning very aggressive towards other dogs, great family dog but many cant even be kept with it own kind unless its breeding time. Heard stories that these 36-38lbs dogs can take a 100+lbs dogs like a retriever or lab down with no problems,

English staffies were bred for hunting badgers and chasing bulls in a bull pen. They used to think tiring bulls would soften the meat but it made it tougher, But a few families (The Donellas) like my dog mine came from realized these dogs made excellent baby sitters and developed that trait and this same family after 230 years is still doing this.

Interesting , I had no idea which came first .

I have never actually seen an Staff Bull terrier other than pics .

Your breeder was local or you had him shipped  ?

Some Cane Corsos are now mixed with Neo mastiff to make them much bigger and some pits are mixed with French Mastiffs to make them giants .

''Pits can be great dogs with the right the owners but we all now that to many idiots and thugs own then and thats deadly.''

In the 80s during the huge drug money years pit fighting was rampant here and that was when the legislation to ban them was drawen up and late 80s they were banned .

I know its not fair when I pop out with a Doberman puppy. this is my 2nd Doberman after having one for 13 years. This is the newest member of the family, here he was 12 weeks. now he barely turned 1 year this Feb. 26.

:)

his name is Rex

I remember the movie 'The Doberman gang' about a group of Dobermans who were trained to rob a bank , lol.

They were very popular in the 70s and suffered due to it with puppy mill type breeding and some breeding giant Dobermans but after 80s they seemed to rebound as far as good looking dogs .

Interesting , I had no idea which came first .

I have never actually seen an Staff Bull terrier other than pics .

Your breeder was local or you had him shipped  ?

Some Cane Corsos are now mixed with Neo mastiff to make them much bigger and some pits are mixed with French Mastiffs to make them giants .

''Pits can be great dogs with the right the owners but we all now that to many idiots and thugs own then and thats deadly.''

In the 80s during the huge drug money years pit fighting was rampant here and that was when the legislation to ban them was drawen up and late 80s they were banned .

My dog came from WA and flew on Alaska airlines to Denver when the Broncos beat the Falcons in the superbowl, the breeder was the first to bring his bloodline to the US, been breeding since 1967 and will only breed females once every 1.5 years. Took me over a year to get them to trust me. The best English staffie breeders dont trust anyone outside their show dog circle due to pitbull breeders. Breeders called Truegrip and is the 1st and only breeder to win more than 100 grand championships. They dont breed to make money and rarely sells pups who are not show people. I got super lucky.

My dog came from WA and flew on Alaska airlines to Denver when the Broncos beat the Falcons in the superbowl, the breeder was the first to bring his bloodline to the US, been breeding since 1967 and will only breed females once every 1.5 years. Took me over a year to get them to trust me. The best English staffie breeders dont trust anyone outside their show dog circle due to pitbull breeders. Breeders called Truegrip and is the 1st and only breeder to win more than 100 grand championships. They dont breed to make money and rarely sells pups who are not show people. I got super lucky.

What got you interested in that breed  ?

I ask as its a breed you don't see and you said your first dog .

What got you interested in that breed  ?

I ask as its a breed you don't see and you said your first dog .

One year of researching dogs. I wanted a smaller dog but I don't like kick dogs like Pomeranians. A dog that doesn't shed very much and has a single coat due to my allergies,extremely smart , AKA approved for very young kids, not known for being barkers, uncanny almost spooky ability in reading peoples emotions. One of the most people friendliest breeds in the dog world but just a mean enough look that someone with bad intentions will think twice with a staffie. They are built like a tank, extremely strong has a bite so powerful that my dog can split the extra strong black Kong dog toy in half but if you play with him and his teeth touches you he will stop back away and lay down like he's in trouble and this is something he was never trained to do. I told my breeder that I wanted a calm submissive dog and that is exactly what I got. I know this is corny but I learned a lot about dogs from watching Cesar Millan and he was a big reason why I got a dog.

Earlier post I said "I dont like dogs", I need to rephrase that and say "I dont like most dog owners". Way too many dog owners who aren't capable of being good responsible owners.

The English staffie used to be the #1 breed in the US until Vets from WWI and WWll brought the German Shepard over.

One year of researching dogs. I wanted a smaller dog but I don't like kick dogs like Pomeranians. A dog that doesn't shed very much and has a single coat due to my allergies,extremely smart , AKA approved for very young kids, not known for being barkers, uncanny almost spooky ability in reading peoples emotions. One of the most people friendliest breeds in the dog world but just a mean enough look that someone with bad intentions will think twice with a staffie. They are built like a tank, extremely strong has a bite so powerful that my dog can split the extra strong black Kong dog toy in half but if you play with him and his teeth touches you he will stop back away and lay down like he's in trouble and this is something he was never trained to do. I told my breeder that I wanted a calm submissive dog and that is exactly what I got. I know this is corny but I learned a lot about dogs from watching Cesar Millan and he was a big reason why I got a dog.

Earlier post I said "I dont like dogs", I need to rephrase that and say "I dont like most dog owners". Way too many dog owners who aren't capable of being good responsible owners.

The English staffie used to be the #1 breed in the US until Vets from WWI and WWll brought the German Shepard over.

You certainly researched the breed .

in my case back than I had a few acres and 2 bird aviaries plus chickens and I wanted two large dogs that would chase away from size alone but not catch bobcats

and foxes who saw them coming .

Realized I hadn't posted here yet....since moving to new mexico we basically have a farm now. I think I got most of them here

450ddca28643e7bf068ebc9a8a59c2e1.jpg

a6e1c10f1f354826304e02c049659534.jpg

740a48259c2d73b2be3090db9e7cee5a.jpg

ac24961db193a0d617e630d534b9dbaa.jpg

33df118c15f20f32b02a4b35e186a5e4.jpg

a0b7c88142a62273938fae05ba89f713.jpg

61959f857a2997b2ecc5919a3f7b567b.jpg

ca3f9b62fbf53ae1699568b84303004d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

d72cc1bbf38c2c1319906d39238f7f25.jpg

Hey Dr. Dolittle aka Will,

Is that a Brown Swiss and are those Nigerian Dwarf goats? Where are the sheep. Navajo Churro  would fit right in.  We have raised feeder lambs for years.  And what about one of Babe's cousin's. Maybe a Guinea hog an old U.S. of A. breed ?  I have always liked a mix of various animals on our place.