Beneficial Bacteria

pictokid1983

Sounds good man!

That's what I started my 12L with. Same method at MK.

Couple weeks now and there so much bio film like the tanks been up for months.

I am going to grab some Mk product's from Han when I run out of mosura. The Mk z silver powder is some great stuff from what I have heard.

I am switching to MK products soon as well.

I used lowkey's speed sand and dosed bt-9 day 1-3-7 and with water changes and it's almost done cycling 3 week's later good bio film. The tank has had 3 100% w/c. These product's work and I think they are becoming essential to shrimp keeping.

I am switching to MK products soon as well.

Great! :)

I ordered the whole mk line from han lol

haha almost the whole line :)

So what is the new consensus on products? Having been gone from the hobby for a bit, I am not up to date anymore with the newest and best products. I am looking to set up two future tanks, mostly for neos and the occasional tigers and I'm wondering what one adds to these tanks nowadays. I realize it's not vital with Neos, I just like the idea.

For setting up tank's old sea mud, mosura bt-9, lowkey's speed sand or Mk breed Z silver powder. I have seen some impressive cycles with Mk z silver powder even reduces cycle times. I think the environment theses product's create are good for all shrimp.

this has been quite a curious topic for me too as i been trying to understand the effectiveness of the strains of bacteria used in these products. Although many claim to be able to "do this and that", but i was wondering if there is any product that people have found to be extra effective as compared to the general ones :)

quite a number of reviews have attested to seeing noticeable biofilm forming with the use of bacter ae.

are you guys using a mixture of different bacter products, or found one good one and just dose with that ?