ShrimpFan's All Things Shrimps

Ch3fb0yrdee

Hi Guys,

I got some time during this hectic weekend to make a post on my blogger.  If you have time, visit my blog for the full story.  Click on the banner in my signature to go there.  Thank you and enjoy.

Here's some photos for everyone else.  :D

IMG_6492_zpsc9897abc.jpg

IMG_6486_zpsf2ff43ee.jpg

IMG_6470_zps5d0efd14.jpg

IMG_6467_zps6727c6c3.jpg

IMG_6460_zpsf7ca28dc.jpg

IMG_6458_zpseec38cef.jpg

IMG_6447_zpsf3aaf4ed.jpg

IMG_6445_zps0c545254.jpg

IMG_6517_zps361e5add.jpg

Thank you for reading, cheers!

Thanks for the update! I enjoy reading it and the blog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. I locate the hard places so folks visiting those countries can go there themselves! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Those JRB are absolutely stunning!

They really are. JRB is currently where it's at for me. I just love them so much. My JBB just release their clutch and I'm seeing babies running around the tank. Once they're a bit older i'll snap a few photos and make a post.

Thanks for sharing this and your blog.

I'm not familiar with JRB, are they not a pure line?

You're welcome! I hope you've enjoyed it and enjoyed the photos.

Japanese Red Bees (JRB) is the predecessor to PRL. I few members from the Taiwanese community were able to get their hands on JRB a while back and bred them for the mass market but at the same time they diluted the genetics of the JRB and has since really degrade them quite dramatically. If you were to ask for PRL in Japan, no one would know what you're referring to as Pure Red Line is a name coined by Taiwanese Farms. Japanese still breed their Red Bees as pure (not mixing) and so when I got these guys from Japan, I continue calling them Japanese Red Bee as a way to differentiate my bees from regular PRL. Honestly, I feel like PRL was a very successful marketing campaign to relabel good looking CRS as PRL to sell for more profits. A majority of sales you'll see will label their shrimps as PRL (not saying everyone doesn't have PRL) but admittedly calling regular Crystal Red Shrimps PRL does fetch higher prices than they would if you called them CRS. I've seen exceptional CRS, but a CRS is a CRS and not a PRL. Single exceptional specimens doesn't qualify the PRL name on which it used to stand for.

. post-1127-14197173094694_thumb.jpg

Those 2 photos above are clearly not PRL, and continuing to call them PRL (even if you call these culls or low grade PRL) is a mockery to the name PRL. And so, you can see why the name PRL doesn't mean much. There's always going to be those PRL you see photos of that are exceptional, but photomanipulation isn't hard and usually you'll only see singlar photos of such nice shrimps, rarely will you ever see the entire colony. This is because it's easy to find extremely beautiful shrimps if a large enough population size is provided (ex. farms).

If you're interested in the discussion of PRL, JRB, and CRS colors, you can visit..

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/8013-prl/page-2#entry98292 (Very good discuession where folks are talking about the characteristics of PRL/JRB/CRS)

http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/7941-prl-quality-characteristics/ (Very good photo representation of what to look for and tips to identify good PRL)

Folks there are pretty straight forward and don't care for much politics so questions/answers are a bit less skewed. There's nice over there, similarly to folks here (actually a few members frequent both). :D

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info....no how do I get some JRB in Canada :D.

hmmm... I don't know... There's some folks in Canada but I don't know if they're connected to the Japanese market. If you come to cali I can share with some once mines breed out.

enjoyed the lowkeys visit.  Subscribed to the blog as well.

Lowkeys was awesome. Actually, any shrimp specialty store is awesome.  Glad you enjoyed the write-up and photos.

Last but not least, some photos of my own PRL.  I have my own American born and raised PRL so I have to show them some love.  Originally Xin/Feather Mix but ehhh.. lets just call 'em Fan's PRL going forward.

DSCF2092_zpsf213d38f.jpg

DSCF2110_zpsa4ffd075.jpg

DSCF2103_zpsa190fd18.jpg

How do you guys feel about red-legged PRL?  Some folks have white-legged PRL but the red is so sexy to me.  Thoughts?

A few more photos. Lighting conditions is poor due to the heavy plant coverage at the top. Leaf coverage from my Legendara meeboldii Pink basically encompases the entirety of the tank so my flash and flash equipment is rendered pretty useless.  Photo is taken on tripod without flash. Hope you guys enjoy. Going to devote some time tomorrow to visit my parents home so I can take some photos of the Japanese Red Bees and Japanese Black Bees.  They've colored up considerably since introduction to the cubes and the JBB even released their clutch and babies are growing happily! :rock:

DSCF2132_zpse802abf3.jpg

DSCF2126_zps99a61652.jpg

DSCF2129_zpsc0999e74.jpg

How do you use Indian almond leaf? Do you just drop em in? I love your tanks.

Thank you! [emoji4] I still have a lot work to do with these tanks and the subsequent tanks below before the entire setup is done. This rack is taking so much time but the dual cubes only need to be planted.

I boil the IAL for 10-15mins then I drop it in. If I'm feeling fancy I'll fold the leaves inwards to form a makeshift shrimp tube shelter. Babies, especially newborns 1-2weeks old, like to crawl inside when the IAL starts to decay.

This trick is really useful for such things as breeder boxes because of the limited space.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a new post over on my blogger. Too tired at the moment to post pictures and updates on ShrimpSpot, but I made a fun little game/puzzle.

Anyone interested in joining can headover my blogger. But will try to update here for the lazy folks out there.

http://shrimpfan.blogspot.com/

Brain dead.... ZzzQuil.... :sleep:

No longer sleepy but I am tired of a beer! LOL!! Did a relaxing photoshoot.

Please Enjoy!

I love this off focus picture [emoji57]
DSCF2280_zpsb2aeb003.jpg

DSCF2282_zps83284e4b.jpg

DSCF2284_zps0fe2e788.jpg

DSCF2286_zps6b7d321b.jpg

...and my attempts at close-up macros...

DSCF2253_zps4e18079f.jpg

DSCF2289-2_zps0da244ce.jpg

As for the riddle/puzzle, someone solved it. Folks interested can go to the blogger for more photos and the logic behind it.

I also figured out a way to make the blogger a bit more special. If you guys visit, see if you can tell. /endofselflessplug

As always, thank you for reading! :goodjob:

Nice, I enjoy your blog

Thanks bro! I appreciate the support. I probably should start doing more blog entries that actually contributes to the blog and helps folks learn but I hate typing things up. LOL!! :startle:

aww man, forgot to go back and look for a response to my first guess.

Dude your guess was sooo close. I commented back and was waiting for you to finish it up. The temperature guess was pretty spot on, but it wasn't much to do with the tank itself but moreso the topoff I was doing. I had to resort to moving the bottle of RO water to my wooden cabinet because the floor gets too cold at night.

Japanese Red/Black Bees time!! 

TBT - "The Big Three" - All Berried

DSCF2292_zps256e6cd9.jpg

DSCF2299_zpse02add0d.jpg

DSCF2307_zpsdf6a4f1a.jpg

Hinomaru BlackBee from the first birth - Quite Handsome 

DSCF2337_zps312f5db3.jpg

The Lone Ladies Man 

DSCF2348_zps0d5dbda6.jpg

Newest member to the RedBee Fam

DSCF2326_zpsed6c74f8.jpg