octanejunkie

Amano Breeding Project - Part 1: it begins with berries

Found a big shed in our riparium last night and as of this morning, we have a berried amano, here is the first pic

20140228_054406.jpg

So the count down starts today, Feb 28, 2014, and I expect to be moving her to the hatching tank in about 30 days, or when I see dots on eggs

The process I will follow is outlined in this thread: http://caridina.japonica.online.fr./English/Elevage.htm and I will keep this thread updated (main thread is on SCAPEclub.org) and will outline my process and equipment with pics and a journal.

I may modify the procedure using the "salt drop" method, but either way, I have 2 more saddled right behind her so I have at least 3 chances in the next few months

Wish me luck :D

I was thinking of trying this someday myself, I will love to hear how you progress!  Where are you getting the plankton from? 

Had many females berried but I cannot get plankton. Was thinking on looking at salt water products but I'm fearing they will pollute the water quickly. Unfortunately I cannot get a starter colony to grow my own. Any alternatives that anyone had success with? Brewer's yeast works?

Any luck I have a simular situition currently have been trying different stradigies messing with salt levels and what not as well as foods.