Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Hmmm.... Not sure are you aware that Tiger shrimp got it's name from the stripes. If it is red tiger, it should have stripes of the stripes covered the entire body. Or maybe, I'm wrong.

Take a look at this page for the picture of red tiger: http://gambamania.blogspot.hk/2011/12/variedades-de-caridina-cantonensis.html

The red stripes are actually still there but just faded which is fascinating.

It did not fade or anything, it was born faded and remained like so unlike the others fron the same clutch

Sounds like gene hop to me. It is displaying pattern of the near ancestor. It is better you cull out when such shrimp pattern appears. Or your whole tank will started to have a bunch of weird looking shrimps.

LOL!!! You should visit the International forum more often. ;)

The epicentre for shrimps are in Japan/Asia and Europe. Usually, there will be more pioneering people there. Hence, there are many interesting information you will be able to obtain. ;)

Would you be willing to share links of TB x Neo crosses?  I'd be interested in reading them.  This goes against everything I have learned so far as a selective breeder.

For any of the variants, they came a long way of breeding. Even if the shrimps are reputable breeders, once in awhile, they will still produce funny offspring.

I'm not surprised they chunk out Golden Neo. Like I mentioned in my previous post, EU was very crazy about Golden Neo awhile back.

If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying a card can produce a yellow neo

That would make an excellent thread "cards crossing with neos". With all due respect can we leave this thread open for just pics. Don't mean to be a downer but the thread just ends up a bit cluttered. Thank you!

That would make an excellent thread "cards crossing with neos". With all due respect can we leave this thread open for just pics. Don't mean to be a downer but the thread just ends up a bit cluttered. Thank you!

My apologies.  My focus is sometimes- LOOK!  Something shiny!

Now back to our picture thread. ;)

Here's some pictures of my MK PRL and the start of my pinto project.

In the past I did mischling x tiger but this time going TB's x Tigers. (wish me luck)

Hey Green,

I'd love to see more if what you're MK-Breed PRL looks like.  A lot of folks seems to be getting these guys lately, and as a PRL lover, I'd love to see a few more shots of them.  PRL are usually hard to capture in photos as they're not as photogenic as other darker shrimps.  Something about their shells makes them poor subjects in photography, but I've love to see some photos regardless.

It seems like a few months ago, Ellen-Wangs were all the rave, but suddenly, since MK-Breed stuff and animals hit the market, Ellen Wangs aren't as heavily promoted.  A buddy in SF has Ellen Wangs that he is breeding out to give me some, but I don't know how long that'll take.  I would love to compare them between my own Xin/Feather PRL mix mutts and Nishiki PRL.

I'm forever on the hunt for new sexy shrimps.   :D  

I actually really like the dark bodied Carbon Rili. Almost like it has glitter all along the underbelly.

Hey Green,

I'd love to see more if what you're MK-Breed PRL looks like.  A lot of folks seems to be getting these guys lately, and as a PRL lover, I'd love to see a few more shots of them.  PRL are usually hard to capture in photos as they're not as photogenic as other darker shrimps.  Something about their shells makes them poor subjects in photography, but I've love to see some photos regardless.

It seems like a few months ago, Ellen-Wangs were all the rave, but suddenly, since MK-Breed stuff and animals hit the market, Ellen Wangs aren't as heavily promoted.  A buddy in SF has Ellen Wangs that he is breeding out to give me some, but I don't know how long that'll take.  I would love to compare them between my own Xin/Feather PRL mix mutts and Nishiki PRL.

I'm forever on the hunt for new sexy shrimps.   :D  

Sure I don't mind sharing more pics. I do take most of mine with my cellphone so it limits my quality but I will try to get the best with what I got.

Thanks Shrimpfan! My bd tank is more med light and my tb tank is low light. I use only the tank lighting. I keep the lights off in the room when shooting. I notice I miss out on a lot of potentially good shots due to low light. I need to play around with the flash and practice bouncing light.