Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

I realized I need a better lens to take pics of my shrimpies, but here's what I took! This tank has Yellow Shrimps (Originally had around 30, gave 25 away as a RAOK on another forum. There are about 5 remaining!) and CBS Mischlings (I'm still new to Caridina and these in particular. I'm unsure on how to grade them/identify them). Can anyone confirm that they are mischlings and tell me how I could do that in the future?

post-3163-0-92420100-1448488562_thumb.jppost-3163-0-30129000-1448488669_thumb.jppost-3163-0-39392000-1448488731_thumb.jppost-3163-0-24170000-1448488804_thumb.jppost-3163-0-78303500-1448488869_thumb.jppost-3163-0-60511400-1448488929_thumb.jp

post-245-0-62690000-1448656079_thumb.jpg

Some of my "Banded" Sulawesi Crown shrimps (Caridina sulawesi). I wanted to picture the girl in the middle, who has this blue hue.

She looks even prettier in reality.

Picture taken with iPhoone 5S (not modified).

I don't have pretty shrimps like all you guys to post yet, but I just received my macro lens and wanted to take pics of my black KK (which seems to be awfully camera shy) and.. I spotted a baby! - I think it may be a yellow shrimp offspring. I initially had two berried yellow shrimps but I have given them away to another forum member, however, this one may have made it! I do have a berried Mischling, but I don't think they're this colour.

post-3163-0-70444900-1448947988_thumb.jppost-3163-0-47564900-1448947989_thumb.jppost-3163-0-83008300-1448947991_thumb.jppost-3163-0-80438400-1448947993_thumb.jp

And one of my Hawaiian Harlequin Shrimp (Hymenocera picta):

IMG_0523bs22_zpsduppn1oq.jpg

Can't wait to get a pair of Harlequins!!! The place I will get them from is out and it's killing me haha.

What is your regiment for feeding them? I know they only eat starfish, but still contemplating how I will go about it.

Can't wait to get a pair of Harlequins!!! The place I will get them from is out and it's killing me haha.

What is your regiment for feeding them? I know they only eat starfish, but still contemplating how I will go about it.

Oh that's easy Duffy! Just keep a breeding tank of starfish! And the starfish only eat clams (note:tank of clams)and the clams eat seahorse poop (note: tank of seahorses) and the seahorses only eat poisonous anenome (note: tank of deadly anenome). ;) Sorry... just couldn't resist!

Oh that's easy Duffy! Just keep a breeding tank of starfish! And the starfish only eat clams (note:tank of clams)and the clams eat seahorse poop (note: tank of seahorses) and the seahorses only eat poisonous anenome (note: tank of deadly anenome). ;) Sorry... just couldn't resist!

Don't forget! Poisonous Anemones only eat Harlequin Shrimp too! 

Well having had multiple pairs I can tell you that you'll have to experiment at first and see how much/quickly they eat. A larger pair I had could easily take down a larger chocolate chip starfish in a little over a week. A smaller pair given the same size starfish would eat it but the starfish sometimes dies before they finish it so it ends up a waste. Currently I have been cutting starfish approximately in half and feeding them half and then giving them 5 fish days before feeding more. I am trying to get them to spawn but they are recovering from a UPS screw up and being left in an unheated warehouse overnight so they may eat more if they recover.

Well having had multiple pairs I can tell you that you'll have to experiment at first and see how much/quickly they eat. A larger pair I had could easily take down a larger chocolate chip starfish in a little over a week. A smaller pair given the same size starfish would eat it but the starfish sometimes dies before they finish it so it ends up a waste. Currently I have been cutting starfish approximately in half and feeding them half and then giving them 5 fish days before feeding more. I am trying to get them to spawn but they are recovering from a UPS screw up and being left in an unheated warehouse overnight so they may eat more if they recover.

Thanks for the info! Sigh postal services sometimes... Poor harlequins :(

-Duffy

I received several of these guys from Shrimpscales today. USPS kept these guys for 5 days before delivering them to their new home. I'm glad they all made it ok. Thanks Matt!

post-89-0-28914500-1449380423_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-79113800-1449380611_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-45018300-1449380661_thumb.jpg

Just received these PFR for my new 5 gallon tank. I have some OEBT in a small tank I will add in a couple days. This is my grow out tank. I need the shrimp to be adults before I can put some in the display tanks with fish.

I got the shrimp from an ebay seller called soshrimp in case your wondering. I bought 10 awhile ago and the were great till the fish ate them, so I made this grow-out tank. They were much smaller than these.

22pfr3.jpg

22pfr1.jpg

22pfr2.jpg

Junk tank shrimp. Red hybrids, tons of prl males, and some left over Bloody Mary.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449872998.331279.jpg

Your "junk" tank looks better than my regular tank lol! And are the females ok with that many males around? Or do they leave the hybrids alone?