Mayphly's Pinto Journal

mayphly

I was fortunate enough to find 3 berried yellows all within a few days of each other.

I guess that leaf they're on never stood a chance!

post-89-0-33401200-1441550216_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today the second generation was born in the yellow tank. Here is one of the babies only a few hours old. I think the yellow is going to pop on this guy when he gets bigger. I also noticed a few blueish colored babies in the tank as well. These guys never cease to amaze me!

post-89-0-02510800-1443061724_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous shrimp Andy, never cease to amaze me on the different variations your producing.

• 2 weeks later...

Her babies hatched the other day and I was surprised with a couple bb.  I crossed her back with another low grade bb and now she is curently berried again. Can't wait to see how they'll turn out. Sorry for the blurry pic.

post-89-0-01112400-1443971157_thumb.jpg

Very nice Andy! I am having some trouble breeding the Tibees I created back to Taiwan Bees, taking quite sometime.

Very nice Andy! I am having some trouble breeding the Tibees I created back to Taiwan Bees, taking quite sometime.

DET, I know what you mean. It feels like forever sometimes. Do you have the tibee in a breeder box with the TB? I'll take a known taitibe female and place her in a box with 3-4 TB males. That usually does the trick.

It's been almost a year and I think I have my first official pinto. It looks blue now and I wish and pray that it will stay blue. But, I doubt it. More than likely it'll turn black. This little guy was born today and is from the second generation.

post-89-0-41260400-1444349654_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-10722900-1444349719_thumb.jpg

It's been almost a year and I think I have my first official pinto. It looks blue now and I wish and pray that it will stay blue. But, I doubt it. More than likely it'll turn black. This little guy was born today and is from the second generation.

Congratulations Andy! Very well deserved, you have had a plethora of absolutely gorgeous TaiTibees and now your Pinto patterns I am guessing will be just as beautiful. Crossing my fingers for the blue to stay. What generation is this TaiTibee?

Thanks guys! There are also some other cool patterns that are beginning to show up. As soon as they get a bit bigger I'll post some pics of them.

Thanks guys! There are also some other cool patterns that are beginning to show up. As soon as they get a bit bigger I'll post some pics of them.

Andy what generation TaiTibee is your Pinto above?

Really? Interesting. Do you mind tell me breakdown of crosses for this zebra?

This particular shrimp came from my taitibee cull tank. I'll post a pic of the mother when I get home. The parent of the mother are described in the first post of this thread.

This is the mother of the baby pinto. She is first generation taitibee. She's not the greatest looking female in the tank but she makes beautiful babies! I'll be moving any pinto canditates into their own tanks and whatever I need to cull from that tank will go back into my taitibee cull tank.

post-89-0-92536800-1444436479_thumb.jpg

I found this cool looking bb baby the other day in one of my taitibee tanks. Looks like dark blue head with all white body. Keeping my fingers crossed

post-89-0-65454500-1444921863_thumb.jpg

That is awesome! Your TaiTibees seem to be breeding quite regularly.

DET, So far I have about 20 females curently berried between the three tanks. I was seperating when they were still tiny but now I realize that they need to be of some size before I do that cause they keep changing color on me. lol!

• 4 weeks later...