Mayphly's Pinto Journal

mayphly

I think you should call it Orange Steel! Always love seeing the creations your creating.

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to find several females that all look like this in my pinto project tank. Future red & blue stee maybel??? There are 3 red ones that all have this same dark red spot under their carpace shell. The older they get the darker that red spot is getting.

post-89-0-36161000-1448069194_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-49540300-1448069294_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-19743900-1448069565_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-60955400-1448069729_thumb.jpg

I was fortunate enough to find several females that all look like this in my pinto project tank. Future red & blue stee maybel??? There are 3 red ones that all have this same dark red spot under their carpace shell. The older they get the darker that red spot is getting.

When you start selling these I would love to buy some. :thumbsu:

When you start selling these I would love to buy some. :thumbsu:

The taitibee you got from me will produce these. Breed the blue ones back to blue mosura shadow panda. I'm also breeding these back to bb to see what happens. I curently have one bb berried.

It was almost impossible for me to get a descent pic of this little guy. He was moving pretty quick. The growth rate of the pintos in this tank is almost twice as slow as some of my other shrimp. Even slower than some of my other pintos. I have been feeding this tank a varied diet including Doublespeed.

post-89-0-64607200-1448415198_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-13111400-1448415247_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-90651000-1448415435_thumb.jpg

It was almost impossible for me to get a descent pic of this little guy. He was moving pretty quick. The growth rate of the pintos in this tank is almost twice as slow as some of my other shrimp. Even slower than some of my other pintos. I have been feeding this tank a varied diet including Doublespeed.

How much of the doublespeed you use to feed and how often? You gave me some crushed up.

Same my pinto babies grow so slow! My other tank that had mischling babies born 3 weeks after my pinto babies and yet they are bigger than the pinto shrimplets now. I don't even feed my mischling tank, and only feed the pinto tank

How much of the doublespeed you use to feed and how often? You gave me some crushed up.

Directions: use small amount several times a day to increase growth rate.

Those are the directions. I'm terrible at following directions! I feed a tiny amount once a day to this tank only because there is a ton of shrimp in there and I know it'll all be consumed in a matter of minutes.

Same my pinto babies grow so slow! My other tank that had mischling babies born 3 weeks after my pinto babies and yet they are bigger than the pinto shrimplets now. I don't even feed my mischling tank, and only feed the pinto tank

That's funny. I was comparing the growth rate to my mischling as well. My misch and tibee seem to be the fastest growers for me.

Here is another little taitibee showing pinto pattern. I really like that this one is a deep dark red color already. There are a few dark solid red shrimp beginning to show in this tank as well. I'll try and get some pics of them.

• 2 weeks later...

As of today I have spotted 5 pintos in my taitibee tank. I have 4 black ones all showing zebra (keyboard) patterns and one red one with keyboard pattern. I'm thinking there maybe belly and spothead patterns but since they're so small it's hard to confirm weather or not they are pinto yet.

post-89-0-54081600-1449190422_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-55670700-1449190598_thumb.jpg

Well done my friend! Pinto Shrimplets look really good, nice distinct patterns. I am having a dilemma in my project. I have 1 female and 2 male Tibees currently that I created originally. I think both males have bred with my other Taiwan Bees to produce shrimp that have now grown up that have solid opaque shells, but very interesting patterns. Also, I just noticed a batch of shrimplets, they are all Panda/BKK except one that I have spotted, that maybe a Tiger, Tibee, or Taitibee. 

I need your experience though, if my male Tibees bred with Female Taiwan Bees, would the traits from the males pass to the offspring to create TaiTibees. Do you know if I would ever get a pinto pattern from this direction? I just can't get my female Tibee to breed, otherwise it would be alot easier haha.

Thank you. Don't want to hijack your post, so if you prefer PM, I can do that.

DET, I'm no expert on genetics but I believe (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the male's genes would be carried over to the female. The tibee carries the gene for the striping found in pintos which originally comes from the tiger. Once the tibee is crossed with the TB the newly created taitibee now carries the polygenetic traits which gives the pinto patterns (zebra, skunk spots).  I was breeding my male TB to my female tibee. My second generation of crossing taitibee with taitibee are now beginning to show pinto patterns along with f1 steel, TB and more taitibee.

Have you tried mating your female tibee with several males in a breeding box? Or, are you letting them mate in a tank? I would try placing your female tibee in a breeding box with several males If you haven't already done so.  Do you have any pics of your offspring?

Just saw your response! Sorry. Maybe I am wrong then, I thought my Tibee males bred with my female Taiwan Bees, but I don't see the traditional TaiTibee pattern. I will try to take a few pictures when I get my new macro lens in the mail tomorrow.

I was trying to allow the Tibee female to breed naturally with my male Taiwan Bees in general population. I always try to avoid the breeding box if at all possible. I think I have waited long enough though.

Thanks!

I get a wide range of patterns that show up with the taitibee. I wouldn't say there is a "traditional" pattern since their patterns can vary. The hardest color for me to distinguish between taitibee and TB will be a white shrimp. I breed my taitibee in a 7g cube tank which is heavily planted and that makes it difficult finding all the babies. Originally this tank was set up for TB. The taitibee will overpopulate the tank quickly if I don't stay on top of them. A breeder box allows me to easily transfer the shrimp from one tank to another without having to search all over for the babies. 

Det, looking forward to your pics.

That red one looks really cool is it just 1 that has that look?

so far this is the only one I see in this tank with such a dark head. It's very possible there are more hiding in there. Seems like every time I look in this tank I always find something new. More TB with extreme patterns are beginning to show up.

These are also from second generation taitibees. I now have these in their own tank. The berried one was crossed back to bb. This is her second batch of eggs. There are alot of little babies running around in this tank. Most look like bb. More to come.......

post-89-0-39908000-1450187789_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-50762700-1450187830_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-07003600-1450187871_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-45846800-1450188013_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-08673900-1450188052_thumb.jpg

Found these little guys creeping around the tank today. Funny thing is they came from my "yellow" taitibee tank. Confused yet? I am. lol!!!

post-89-0-75649300-1450571577_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-38765300-1450571770_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-28571800-1450572027_thumb.jpg