Mayphly's Pinto Journal

mayphly

Those are the blue steel babies? I have one or two babies that look exactly like that, maybe not as shiny though lol

These came from taitibee. Some were crossed back to bb and some back to taitibee.

What started out as my pinto project is quickly turning into somethng I wasn't quite expecting.....

BLUE STEEL SHRIMP!!!!!

The ones pictured are showing up from my second generation taitibee. The first generation are very speckled, still have the yellow tint along with a hint of blue. By the time the second generation show up you can see the yellow tint is gone and the white on the body becomes more solid. Some are even tri-colored showing blue, black and white. Right now I have had a couple batches of babies from the 3 different mothers. Two of the mothers are taitibee and the other mother is a xxxx-xxxx    Well.... I'll let you guys guess. :)

post-89-0-26638400-1452317826_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-68877200-1452317864_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-76255700-1452317902_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-30997300-1452317937_thumb.jpg

Blue bolt?

Yup! She's a blue bolt and she is currently carrying her second clutch of eggs. Since some of the steels are getting darker with this generation I'm hoping the red ones will too.

Crystal white?

because of the variety of patterns that come from the taitibee it would be really interesting to see a taitibee crossed with a crystal white. Maybe someone will try this.

Awesome Andy! Congratulations on your Steel Blue!!! I actually have a surprise finally after 6-8 months, but I will post on my thread once I get some pictures.

Awesome Andy! Congratulations on your Steel Blue!!! I actually have a surprise finally after 6-8 months, but I will post on my thread once I get some pictures.

sweet! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

• 2 weeks later...

I found this guy out and about today doing some exploring in it's tank. It's still very small but looks like a good candidate for a zebra pinto.

post-89-0-70630100-1453607045_thumb.jpg