Breeder box

Your breeder box shares the same water parameters as your main tank. If the main tank is stable, the box will be fine long term even do you plan on housing them inside long term. I have a lot of boxes feeding water from my 60P. Shrimps don't mind, they breed like crazy.

Also be mindful that you might need a strong flow. The air driven method sucks and doesn't provide sufficient water circulation.

I kept my shrimp in biggest breeding box for two months, without any issue. even peevee which bred in the box grows up to 1/2" size in one month.

It was air driven.

If you switch to water pump. I believe you can keep shrimp in it forever.

I just wait till I see dancing. Its pretty easy to tell what female is molting as they usually hide out and stay pretty still unless a male comes around. Was just having this discussion on fb the other day and Sean said their tail section also expands to look as if they are already berried. Never noticed it myself but will look next time.

Also I remove the shrimp as soon as i notice they are berried. I have left males in there out of laziness for at least a week with no harm.

IMO, It's a good idea to set the breeder box up asap prior to putting shrimp in there. This gives a chance for bio film to grow in the box that the babies will feed on. Your baby survival rate will be in greater numbers. I had a mama shrimp give birth in a new breeder box with some moss and a piece of well seasoned cholla wood and I lost quite a few babies. After the breeder box was left set up for about a month or so I had some nice film growing on it. Ever since then I've had 99-100 percent baby survival rate. I also add an airstone (insurance).

I raised my Taiwan BKK's in a large Marina box.  Put the pregnant female in ahead of time and just waited till she dropped them, then fished her out put her back in the main tank and raised the babies to 4 weeks old before putting them into the main tank.

I used a netful of substrate from the main tank to add to the bottom of the marina box, put a piece of squeezed out dirty filter floss from my HOB tank into the box for biofilm and added some floating plants, an airstone was fed through the hole in the top and kept on low bubble.   The babies hid in the substrate for a few days, then ventured out to the floss and stayed there eating.  After 2 weeks they started to eat other food such as liquid earthworm powder which I squirted into the tank.  Never lost one of them!