your favorite songs

aquariumlover10

So there are just too many to choose from! just like most folks my musical tastes are all over the board...mostly punk, but i decided to go with a more contemporary not punk one:

Elvis Perkins :  While you were sleeping.

http://youtu.be/mjN8kyK14wk

Just copy the URL and paste it in the post.  Don't rely on the youtube shortcut.

We liked this song so much we made it into a video a couple years ago. This is my band My Victim. The song is called Crash. This one goes out to Countryboy!

Bang.  Glass shatters in front of me;
head on collision, never easy to see.
This train bound for nowhere jumped its track;
headed to hell and there's no turning back.
'Nother wrong decision, price to pay,
keep pretending, it's better this way.

We hide our eyes knowing what's real.
Desperation's all we feel.

I'd give you my world
but it's blown to pieces.
It's yours to have but first,
won't you tell me what it's worth?

Crash.  Broken.  Cease to be.
What are we now but a memory?
A footnote in time, chapter in the past.
Arrogantly we thought we might last.
Now we're left to face what we've become,
ashamed we learn to keep ourselves numb.

Turn a blind eye, turn to stone,
and die afraid and alone.

I grew up in the 50's - but the birth of classic rock  took hold in my life.  When all my friends were ga ga over the Beatles and Elvis, my mom and I fell in love with Pink Floyd, The Doors and that genre of music. Any of that alternative, classic stuff - later in my 60's I still listen to this style - plus some additional along the way.  Here is my favorite of Pink Floyd - I love the back up vocals. The Great Gig in the Sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxo0OJkbaMY

And here is another example of fabulous music - KD Lang - best Hallelujah ever performed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7TRVOM9KQ

Wish I could figure out how to get the actual youtube clip in there

My mom is 88 and still listens to Pink Floyd.  Some people think she is a goofy ole lady - I think she is still cool.  Led Zepplin, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Little River Band, Moody Blues, Eagles, Janis Joplin, Journey.  Just to name a few of my favorites - Can't take the rock out of the girl - or the ole hippie

My mom is 88 and still listens to Pink Floyd.  Some people think she is a goofy ole lady - I think she is still cool.  Led Zepplin, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Little River Band, Moody Blues, Eagles, Janis Joplin, Journey.  Just to name a few of my favorites - Can't take the rock out of the girl - or the ole hippie

I like your mom already!

Andy... Thats the first time a metal song has made me cry... I was holding my daughter while i listened... Your band kicks ass btw

Thanks man! I appreciate that more than I can express!