Shrimp Local pick up

OMG Aquatics

How do people normally do shrimp meet up for local pick up?

TBH, it would look very suspicious if someone looked and saw me paying a $120 for 10 blue bolts in a box. 

What are normal procedures? 

I'm thinking about meeting up with Jason from SoShrimp for 10 bb

I do this all the time. I sell locally, CL, and on many occasions I've had folks come over and spend more than $120. You'll find that folks that come over for pets/animals are really kind and genuinely interested to learn on ways to better their own shrimp keeping. Dealing face to face is a good way to establish rapport and build a strong network of repeat customers.

Folks like to lowball when they come over, but if you're firm it usually isn't an issue. Plus, once they see what you have and your passion and what you can offer (in terms of learning potential) they don't mind. [emoji1]

I haven't done it with shrimp - yet. But I have meet local people at a public place (we usually chose the front of the LFS) for safety. I would definitely check the shrimp before paying/leaving. I would think the seller would be happy to have you do that and expect it.

I'm an old lady, so safety was my main concern ;)

If it is meet up, only thing I would suggest is inspect the shrimps right on the spot before you pay.  If everything is good than pay, chat about some shrimps topics, make a new friend, etc.

See?! Most folks with compassion for animal are compassionate themselves! [emoji6]

I have no doubt he's very nice but maybe it's just because I live in the "hood" and when things like this happen, it usually means drug transaction ;(

Hope Cops don't stop me because I paid a guy $120 for a box of shrimp :(

Bahahaha why would cops stop you?!? They'll probably give you one of these "you paid 120$ for shrimps? That's an expensive dinner!" And laugh their butts off!! That or they'll find you an interesting guy with a strange hobby. Either way, it's a funny win win situation. [emoji23]

I have no doubt he's very nice but maybe it's just because I live in the "hood" and when things like this happen, it usually means drug transaction ;(

Hope Cops don't stop me because I paid a guy $120 for a box of shrimp :(

lol - I have to say I completely understand. I lived in 'the hood' for many years and seeing two guys doing ANY kind of deal can often attract cops like flies. 

You could meet just inside a store front or coffee place.

If they do come and you show the shrimp the issue will be over quickly, or just go to a yuppy type neighbor where no one will bat an eye ;)

I think you should have a drop location established with a burner phone on hand. This shrimp trading thing is super risky. I'm picturing a park bench with a cellphone taped underneath and the drop being a local trash can. Seriously don't get wrapped up with these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember selling aquarium ferts out of the back of my car once at an aquatic plant meeting.  I was trading bags of white powder for cash :) 

I used to meet up with my customers in a big gas station, parked at the back out of the way. I would state the time and day I would be there, usually wait for 1 hour for any late comers, and let people see the shrimps in the containers (dollar store ones. I used these as they were more convenient for people to see the shrimps moving around)   Then if they were happy they paid me and I drove home with happy customers. :thumbsu:

SOShrimp is a regular, so shouldn't be any problems.

I'm a paranoid dude, so having heard about "customers" pulling guns on people in their homes, and intimidation at meeting places- I only do online sales.  My family is worth too much for me.  I suppose I could sell to a million customers the other way, but all it takes is 1 to cause me serious injury.