disolving sulawesi 8.5 with co2

So I have tried every way known to man to try to disolve Salty Shrimp's 8.5 except for using co2.

Here's my problem, I have never in my 12+ years of fish/shrimp keeping, ever used co2.

So my question is, what can I buy or diy to simply produce co2 only for the purpose of disolving the 8.5 powder?

I could explain myself but this explains it quicker and better:

http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/DIY-Yeast-CO2/7/

Basically, a soda bottle with yeast sugar and water in it.... as the yeast eats the sugar the by product is CO2. Drill a hole in the lid of the bottle, stick an airine in it and put the other end of the air line into your salt mix bucket.

I was just researching this question this morning and came to the conclusion that a paintball setup might be more practical. Diy can take a day or 2 to start producing and you don't have much control on output. a paintball setup is pretty portable and you can crank it up to speed dissolve. I've read one post that said it takes 3 hours and another that said 3 days ...... A cheap ebay Paintball setup is between $50 to $100. Now I havnt gone this route yet but thats my plan.

i will go for DIY. every time i refill my co2 bottle, it starting to produce co2 within an hour. of course if money is not a problem, you can spend $50+ just to solve some powder. but i will rather get a safer setup than paintball because my first time using co2 was with a paintball tank, but the valve popped and leaked all out.

I keep a 5lb tank of CO2 with a regulator that I use to dissolve the stuff.  I have also tried boiling it but it didn't work all that great in the quantities that I needed it in. 

I tried using 1 quart bottle of club soda for 2.5 g ro and salty 8.5. After 24 hrs with a Powerhead the ph was 7.7 and had a lot of powder residue in the bucket still. It didn't seem to dissolve completely.

I was getting tired of all the undissolved SS in my tank. So, I tested my RO waste water. I've been using it ever since. The waste water is like a baby making machine. post-89-142125452837_thumb.jpg

When my tds reaches around 250 I change about 10% with the RO waste water which keeps it close to 200. I don't use the 1/2 and 1/2 for anything. Just tested to see what I would get.