I've never tested my water ever is it time?

TheGardenofEder

Idk why my whole post didn't post heres the rest. But I think I need to do something. All my neo tanks are populating like crazy. But my cbs, crs, and oebt tanks are not reproducing. What's the real difference in care between them and neos what should I be doing differently. I'd like to stay this way and no test my waters but is it time I should just get over being lazy

If you think about it, there is absolutely no way testing your water can harm your shrimp. You take water out of the tank and see what it's like. There is no way this procedure is harmful.

Test your water. Then see if you like what you get. You can't make decisions without information.

I've been taking care of all their tanKS the same and I'm just not seeing much activity from anything other then my neos in my shrimp tanks. I just dont even have test kits never had a need for them always been doing fine with out

As in what exactly, my theory is with my large piece of drift wood and leaf litter my ph is probibly too low I'm willing to bet everything else is 0 with all my floaters water changes and filter cleaning

As in what exactly, my theory is with my large piece of drift wood and leaf litter my ph is probibly too low I'm willing to bet everything else is 0 with all my floaters water changes and filter cleaning

PH, KH, GH, TDS, nits, even water temp.  Without information, your questions cannot be answered.

While I don't know anything about the differences, I go to this which gives a general account of what certain types need http://www.shrimpkeeping.com/water-params/

When I first got into Bettas I joined a forum, learned (still learning... always learning) and I tested my water weekly. Once I got things stable and knew what to look for... I only test once a month if that. 

When I first got into shrimp (about 2 months ago) I am doing the same thing... learning... testing water. Bought a TDS pen and GH/KH kit that I never used with the Bettas. I feel it's kinda my duty to learn, be informed... etc. Once I get more comfortable and knowledgeable I won't test the water as often, on the established tanks.

With new tanks/new set ups I will. Until the little eco system has found a balance. 

Knowledge is power :) lol  But like the others have said, you can't fix anything without some basic info. Once you have the info I am sure they can help you fix the balance and you will be posting about all the babies in the other tanks! :)