RO at petco

Jadenlea

Check your local Petcos.   Ours just got this huge self dispensing machine for RO water.   Its huge and has the Petco logo on it so my guess is they are going to start stocking all their stores (cuz why would htey build it for one store?) 

Anyway,  It does Salt and fresh RO water.  You bring your container and fill it yourself with a hose attached to the machine.   You only have to wait for help if you bring a large tub without a known weight . Then they have to weigh it for you but if you bring your own gallon or 5 gallon jugs you can fill it and go right to check out.    At my store its 50 cents a gallon.

considering Ive been spending a dollar for distilled at market basket its great for me.   :)   They are also selling RO units btw.   I think the one they had at mine is called RO Buddy

!!!  Our walmart doesn't have one but there is a  huge super walmart in the process of being built here.  Ill have to look for that when they open Ryeguy

You guys never heard of those Asian purifying water places? In California there's ton of them around, usually in Asian plazas.

They sell membership at $20 for 100gal of rodi @ 0tds. Basically it's the best you can get and quite cheap.

Id go there myself if I didn't already have a sweeter deal at my parents home.

They had water stores all over in Phoenix that sold RO water for around 30 cents or so I believe.

None around here like that, Shrimpfan. I think it may be a local thang.

This is probably true. Could be an Asian thing and since Cali is has such a large Asian population, it would make sense they're more filter water places. I remember when I was younger, I was at a friends house and found it strange that he would grab a glass, filled it with water directly from the faucet and drank.

cant say i've ever heard of RO water clubs and i'm in LA.  but if thats the case $20 for 100G isnt so bad. but I could burn through 100G redoing my current rack quickly.

I will be looking one of these places up. i'd happy to pay $20 and not have to wait so long and waste so much water making 100G of RO

question about ro at walmart:

there is a water dispenser near the water isle.

is that ro water?

i never looked close at it.

i always thought it was filtered tap water for the poor.  :)

It should be an RO machine if you look at it should be sediment filter, carbon filter, RO filter then UV sterilizer. I use it for my shrimp tanks and its pretty cheap at .37c/gal

Is getting your own RO water maker a huge project that takes a designated faucet and alot of space?

No, it's quiet easy. it comes with all the hardware you need to connect to the water pipe.

You should see me trying to cut a limb off a tree, I almost lost a finger from it(don't ask)

Yeah, but you brought it up, so now you gotta elaborate.

I hope you at least learned from it so you can prevent future mishaps?

For RO, I imagine you have to factor in space needed to store it after filtration?

Ok, so it was a small tree and the limb was flexible so I tried cutting with my multi tool saw, and I steped on it and cut it, and once it broke it flew up and my multi tool went full speed into my hand and I fell on the ground into some ants, if u want to know why I was cutting down the limb, I was trying to hunt squirrels and I needed a longer spear.