Quick Vaccing question

How do most do vacuuming in their shrimp tanks. Are you using smaller vac tubes? I just feel mine are too large to maneuver and I spend a great deal of time rescuing shrimplets. I'm just looking to vac as a general cleanup. Should I suck it up and just use tweezers? I have a good amount of loose mosses would like to cleanup.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some put a sponge or panty hose over the end of the hose (so I am learning). For my nano 2.6 and also for quick molt clean up in the 10 gallon

I actually use a turkey baster thing (can get at the dollar store) and they are amazing for spot cleaning of food or molts

Some put a sponge or panty hose over the end of the hose (so I am learning). For my nano 2.6 and also for quick molt clean up in the 10 gallon

I actually use a turkey baster thing (can get at the dollar store) and they are amazing for spot cleaning of food or molts

You should leave the shells in there unless you have too much.

I'm a little bit "A" personality with this. I don't vac much but just feel like it's a little messy. I'll go with turkey baster - give that a try. Good idea and I forgot I have one for the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The molts don't last long, in my tank. (my current avatar actually has a molt on a marimo, lol)

Also, you can use airline tubing for precision, low flow vacuuming. Gently disturb the area first, to make the shrimps move away, then start the flow.

I just did my cleaning - wanted to get it in ASAP, as I have a lot of berried females. Wanted to vac before all those little babies start zipping around.

The molts don't last long, in my tank. (my current avatar actually has a molt on a marimo, lol)

Also, you can use airline tubing for precision, low flow vacuuming. Gently disturb the area first, to make the shrimps move away, then start the flow.

I just did my cleaning - wanted to get it in ASAP, as I have a lot of berried females. Wanted to vac before all those little babies start zipping around.

I agree - I have 4 berried girls, all supposed to pop around the end of this month so I want to do a light cleaning before that happens too. Then I will leave it alone and force myself to leave those molts alone. I thought they would spike the ammonia levels?