Other Forums

Archie1208

I think there were a lot going on behind the scenes that lead to those rules. The Planted Tank wasnt always so strict on their FS rules. I remember a time when you could just post FS without limits as long as you were an active member. But a few powersellers dominated the scene. Away went with their comments and bumps.

A lot of their actions were to mediate the ongoing issues of regular users vs. PowerSellers but somewhere along the way they lose sight of that and started targeting everyone.

I have a bronze membership which allows me to post 2 FS monthly and I always forget to use both sales post within a given month.

For me, if you're not a PowerSeller, 1-2 post a month isn't crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there are a fair number of us that have permanent and temporary bans from another forum in particular (TPT) for calling out admins or conducting business that is not banned but in conflict with other admins business.

But that is all in the past.

I have 3 total bans, one from a forum that is a good forum, but over nodded and the mod is a jerk to me, another for calling out a dude that cause abunch of probe and the mods planned to ban him anyway, another for it let me sign up, but named for age, only a few forums I have been apart of are welcoming to newbs, not over nodded and mods arent jerks and has a good forum setup and ease of youth, those is one of 3 and the only shrimp one.

I was banned from Fish Lore for using the phrase PITA....yeah ...PITA! Said I was warned for use of lanquage (I was not) - when I asked the simple question of what lanquage I used - I was banned. The hell with them - I joined again under another name and email - but never go there.

The reason I brought this topic up was because of the vast difference in treatment I received here and with the hobby than with FLore. There are some really arrogant people out there - and God forbid you cycle with fish!!! They will call PETA out on you

Bunch of jerks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's focus on the shrimp keeping hobby and bring it to the next level here in the US, as the interests in keeping shrimp increased I created the other forum that mentioned earlier, I will still be an active member here and support this forum as I did before.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/665-suggestion/
http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/915-most-online-raok/
http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/1564-october-tank-of-the-month/