Copepods - good or evil?

Crazyfishlady

So - I have this teeny, tiny white specks that zip around and avoid the yellow neos. I can't even get a better look with my magnifying glass they are so small.

To avoid asking another newbie question, I googled. I got a lot of old responses on random other fish tank sights. Everything points to Copepods.

Most said it's a good thing - like the pop up pond snail - and that fish would eat them. Since I don't have fish in the tank, should I be worried?

I searched the forums here but they were mentioned, but not directly, so I did try first :)

They remind me of microscopic jumping beans. lol

I have them gastropods and scuds in every tank I out my horn wort in they cling to it I got them from a local river threw the hornwort in the tank and saw them I enjoy seeing them my girl friend freaked one day when she saw one it was like seeing the lock Ness mosnter she said it was killing my shrimp I laughed when I saw it was just a scud

like the other post about snails, so many things that a newbie reads has you on edge, always worried you are going doing something really wrong and kill them... glad to know I can sit and enjoy them as well as the shrimp :)

Yep-- scuds are evil creatures.  They wiped out a whole new batch of babies in my shrimp tank.  I bought a whole new tank, driftwood, substrate and filter and set it up and transferred all my shrimp to the new tank.  Put a few fish in the scud infested tank, and while I don't see them as much, they are still in that tank.  But the new tank has been up and running for several weeks now and I haven't seen anymore scuds in there.