mopani wood

aquariumlover10

So for Xmas I got a piece of mopani wood(zoo med thing from petco) and i haven't gotten around to redoing my tank yet, but I noticed it has a few areas that look sappy, so I want to boil it, also for the little bit if tannins that will leach, so how should I go about boiling it? Just put some water and the wood in a pit and put it on the stove? Or what?

Thanks, here's a pic of the sappy stuff.post-352-0-88633000-1421170629_thumb.jpg

Yes you can just put it into a pot and put it on the stove

I boil water and pour the boiling hot water into my bucket and put the wood in there. I do that only because some of that 'yuck' can ruin a pan. Or, just use a pot you don't care about :)

You tell him that after he starts boiling it  :D .

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm at it again, and my mom is the worse person to be home while I'm doing this, she said you're using too much water, u better get on that forum and ask how u can do this without using the stove and so much water, and blah blah blah, so if I let it boil in the same water for along time wont the tannins reabsorb?