Can this be right??

A few years ago they were all the rage in the planted tank world since it took the uv out of the tank and out of any tubing for the canister filters. At that time you could only get them on ebay as they were coming direct from china. They always got good reviews, but I never was able to aquire one. Nor was anybody I knew, so no first hand knowledge of there quality.

DOH I am so sorry I meant to post the link .. thats what I get for posting after bedtime.     Here it is.   http://www.amazon.com/HW-402B-4-Stage-External-Canister-Sterilizer/dp/B00C8SK62O/ref=pd_sbs_petsupplies_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0AQQVJ9WHHKP7Z3JWK5E

shall I get one and do a review?    My dad has finally decided to take down his 30 gal tank and is handing it over to me so Ill be setting that up in the next few weeks.  I am tossing all his old filter stuff and starting fresh since.... well ..the tank is gross. LOL>    I need a filter anyway.. though I do have a brand new aquaclear 50 just sitting around.    

Yes, It's cheap alternative.

Most Asian breeders use the no-power version as pre-filter.

I have a couple of the sunsun filters. They work good. I've never had an issue with them. I use the 603b on my ten gallons. You can't beat the HW-402B for that price.

• 4 weeks later...