Treating Bacterial Infection in Tiger Shrimp

OblongShrimp

• 8 months later...

what about methylene blue?  Ive used that to hatch Ram eggs and also used it in the artificial hatch of my shrimps and it worked great with them.  Ive used in on Bettas that were suffering from finrot and it worked great, stopped the rot in its tracks.  My black HM is a testament to that...his fins were all split apart, looked like he had fingers instead of one big fin, now he's all cured and his fins are looking great again. 

IF shrimps are so similar to fish why wouldn't this work for them too?

Ok, I used to have this problem in past, at my early year of keep shrimps. They had internal bacteria infection (cloudy body).

I found out my soil was really dirty and didn't siphon often. That was the main cause.

To treat them, I moved them to quarantine and dozed Tetracycline suggestions doses and water change after day 5 or 6. After 2 weeks and half, I noticed the cloudy in body was all most disappeared, the infection started slowing down. After that, I did water change about 15% to 20% weekly. About a month later, the infection was gone...

Well, That method worked for me. But keep in mind some infected shrimps could die if their infection was already advanced in stage... 

Hope this help

Has anyone found a good way to treat a bacterial outbreak in Tiger Shrimp?  I lost most of my main colony over the last month or so.  The shrimp appear cloudy and then are slowly dying off.