Cat cafe

mosspearl

They're opening a cat cafe in Portland (about 100 miles from us). They're all the rage in Japan and are slowly making their way here. Why not an aquarium cafe? Think how relaxing it would be to have your coffee or tea while watching a peaceful aquarium. Sure, throw a few cats in there to cuddle, too. Why not?

:( aquariumlover that is sad, I am so sorry

Soothing - I can just imagine comfy chairs set up around tanks, some solo and some where people can chat. Then, of course, there would be a shrimp store in the back where they can start up their own shrimp addiction! :) Or, they can just come in and enjoy them.

Might be hard to have kitties roaming too since that would discourage those with allergies 

Ok - which of you is going to start this up? :)

Oh and it MUST have a jelly fish one. I still remember going to an aquarium that had a large oval. The bottom of the oval was under the ground (so it made a sort of arch) they had black lights and I could have sat there and watched them all day!

Wish I could. It sounds like a lot of fun. It could be like the tea shop that's near us... its theme is antiques. Once you've enjoyed your food and the decor, you can walk through to the adjoined space and buy antiques. Could do the same for all those aquatic goodies. :) Maybe I should bring it up to the guy who owns the best fish store we have locally. He's got all the stock to make it happen. It could become a thing. 

Yeah, we could all come in with our TDS meters and our PH meters and order up coffee and scones (or coffee cake) and talk shrimp!!! I'm so down for that.  We drive to Oregon often to visit my sister, so we could visit the café in Oregon!