eyes or no eyes? That is the question

You are all probably sick of hearing about my first set of berried girls... sorry

But I was stalking them... I mean watching them... and trying to get some decent pics with a crappy camera. I got these two pics and they almost look like there are eyes showing in some eggs.

What do you think? Am I  just imaging it or not?

post-507-0-12049300-1421298802_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-61037300-1421298802_thumb.jpg

weee!! The whole process is fascinating to me, I hope it never gets old. Just wish I had a better camera for it. I've tried my cell phone with a macro app, my video camera and my reg camera. They all do great for football games but obviously not for getting pics of little baby eyes, lol

Ok - I think I have gone off the deep end now.

I was stalk....looking for "mamma" tonight and found her behind the sponge filter. So, being the reasonable person I am, I wedged myself on that side of the tank (there is a wall there, but I fit). Armed with cheap magnifying glass I started to check on her. 

Then I noticed a few white specs by her, standing out against the black filter. At first I thought "annoying water flea" and ignored it and focused back on her. 

I noticed a few more of these white flecks near her and then noticed a few on the top of black sponge filter just above her. Then I noticed a normal water flea do the flick/spaz dance. I blinked and looked at these other few flecks that didn't do that. They seemed still against the black filter, then they would moved but not in the same way. My heart raced a bit and I quickly looked back at momma. Just then I saw her shoot out one of those white flecks like a microscopic marshmallow from a marshmallow gun.

Luckily no one was around to see my reaction when the dots connected in my head. I nearly knocked myself over grabbing camera, video camera and cramming myself back in the corner.

Sadly my cameras are horrible... but.. after that long (and slightly embarrassing commentary)... I think I am a shrimp grandma!!!!  :jig:

Edited to add - unless snowball babies don't come out white... then I just went nearly hysterical over some very calm water fleas. lol

weee!! The whole process is fascinating to me, I hope it never gets old. Just wish I had a better camera for it. I've tried my cell phone with a macro app, my video camera and my reg camera. They all do great for football games but obviously not for getting pics of little baby eyes, lol

What kind of cell hone do you have?  There are some great little macro lenses out there for cell phones that will catch those babies' eyes!!

I have a samsung galaxy3 - I found this one and read online it got great views. Have to wait until the end of the month to order it but hoping I can get better pics with it :)  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CSJ50HY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!     Hope you got a good look now because I bet that color baby will be hard to see once they start swimming around.  I can bearly see the carbon babies and they are nice and blue. 

Yea, I'm guessing they will be darn near invisible. If I hadn't caught it actually happening... and if she would not have been directly on the black sponge.. I would not have even realized.

But I do love the look when they are older :)

Right now the glass is a bit covered in algae which makes looking and getting pics even harder, but I have an order of horned nerites coming in so I am trying not to clean the glass so they have plenty of food.

I have a samsung galaxy3 - I found this one and read online it got great views. Have to wait until the end of the month to order it but hoping I can get better pics with it :)  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CSJ50HY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That one looks awesome!  I bet it would work great.  The trick with the macro lenses for cell phones is that the shrimp need to be close enough to the glass.  So when you get it, play around with it.

Also, congrats on the little peepers peeking out!!  I love seeing their little eyes while mom is still carrying them!!

Thank you grammaknits! I hope that is what was happening. ha ha

Here are a few more pics of another girl with little eyes staring out in wonder..

attachicon.gifIMG_20150116_221801.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20150116_221815.jpg

In the top pic it looks like there's one guy in the upper left corner away from the group. I swear they have a look of anticipation on their faces!